• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

(Kinda) Obscure bands

genegodawa

Studer's post, and bringing up Firefall, got me to thinkin' about some, more or less, obscure bands. These days its all about one-hit wonders, but I remember some from the past.

Let's list them, huh?

But try to keep it to ones we may/should have heard of.

I'll start with:

Atlantic Rhythm Section

Spandau Ballet

Hooters

Icehouse

Genegodawa,

Firefall wink.gif

Manhattan Transfer

Manassas

The Amazing Rythym Aces

Gerry Rafferty

Lee Oskar

Ben Sidran (used to play with Steve Miller)

Pure Prairie League

New Riders of the Purple Sage (old Jerry Garcia band)

Bread

Buffalo Springfield

The Flying Burrito Brothers

Gram Parsons

I could go on forever...these aren't so much 1 hit wonders but more or less stuff you might find in "THE VAULT" I happen to love all of it!!!

When I saw this post, I was sure that when I posted "The Rainmakers" that I would be the only one...but I see Gissert knows of them, as well. Lyrical excellence. Warren Zevon, too, but he is not quite as obscure...

Wow, how could I forget The Outfield (that album you quoted with Josie is great) or The Kings (Switchin'... and ...Beat... are great, but let's not forget Partyitis either)

A few more:

Horslips

Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Wishbone Ash

I have a Chameleon Record. Actually, when I opened that up for the first time there was a band photo insert and they all signed it. Pretty cool. If you want to use it let me know. This same thing happened after I bought a Guess Who album and when I was looking at it closely...Burton Cummings signed that as well!!! Not bad for $1. How could you forget The Ozark Mountain Daredevils and Wishbone Ash. Another couple that I don't think were mentioned are Canned Heat and Uriah Heep!!!