• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual Cheesehead get-2-gether, Lake Minnesuing Jan 7!!!

This past summer I caught about 6 northerns from there. All were under 5 lbs. I did boat one nice walleye about 5 lbs and two fo them about 3 lbs. The rest of the eyes I caught were 12-14 inchers. I found a few places to get on the crappies, hopefully they will be near the same places under the ice.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to dissapoint anyone, but unlike Northalnder and Catfish, I am not as well "connected" as they are and I am not sure I am gonna be able to round up any "door" prizes for this event. This event may just have to rely on they simple things like the pure enjoyment of fishing with good people and having a good time.

Well, the first spot is about 150 yds from the public access. The rest of the spots I plan to hit are a pretty good haul. I am gonna give the lake a workout this weekend and possibly next. I hope to be on the fish by the 7th. Hopefully we can get a inch or two of snow as it seemed the fish were really spooky last weekend.

ICE UPDATE!

I went out yesterday for about an hour. Ice was popping and cracking like crazy, probably the sun and warm temps. But there was a good 6-8 inches of ice. I dropped a few tip ups and the kids soaked a few minnows but no takers. I ts been my experience when the ice is expanding and making all that racket the fish don't usually co-operate. I was correct again. We packed up and went snowshoe hunting. Oh yeah, there is some fool in our midst as I could see where someone had driven a small car out onto the ice and back off. They must have been trying their luck as they drove out about 10 yds and then back. Not my idea of a good way to test the ice.

Hey Blake, you still bringin the compass and 12 pack? kjgmh, you still in Rice L and planning on attending?

I'll bring that turkey up, no skin on it but we can deep fry it or I'll marinate it and we can grill it on foil. Which one? Later.

Cooter.....I've been given the honor of babysitting my granddaughter that weekend, otherwise I was planning on it...However, I could let you borrow the compass and 12 pack for a few days???

What time are you guys planning on meeting up for this event? I get off work at 7:30am the 7th. I'm not even sure how long it would take me to get to this event and I have never been to this lake.

So with that said any extra info would be great. I'll try and talk to a few of you guys on the phone and get some extra info also. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down to this get together and get a little more use out my Wisconsin lisc.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)