• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual Cheesehead get-2-gether, Lake Minnesuing Jan 7!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northlander,

My plans for the weekend have changed a bit. I've got some running around to do today and I'm heading to Crosby this afternoon and will be returning late tomorrow night. I was hoping to get out pouting tonight with you but I see you'll not be heading out until tomorrow. I will most likely get home to late for that also.

Wade, I hope to see you guys down there for that event. I will know more about my plans as the week goes by.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

I have just moved to Wisconsin, about 5 weeks ago. I have ice fished before in Ohio and my wife (the sweetie) just bought me an ice shanty. I would like to come up there to the cheese head get together. Could some one give me good directions from Racine to the lake? How much ice is on the lake? Thanks for everyones time. Any suggestions as to what I may need up there would be appreciated also.

Welcome aboard Override. WOW from Racine??? Not trying to scare you off but its gonna be about 500 mile drive for you. Lets see, if you look at the map just take the interstate to Madison, then north to Eau Claire. From Eau Claire take hwy 53 north. Once you go thru Solon Springs about 5 miles north look for county road B that crosses 53. There wil be a BP station on the corner. Go right. Follow county B for about 3 miles. Take a right on the next road after McGiven Ln. (it will be a gravel road). Follow the signs to the public boat landing and you will be there.

Here they are again.

South on 53 to county B at hawthorn, (bp station and covered wagon resturant) take a LEFT, go about 3-4 miles. Look for the next road AFTER McGiven ln, take a right. Go about a 3/4 of a mile and you will come to a stop sign at Minnesueing rd intersection. Go straight thru that intersection landing is about 100-150 yds on your left.

If you get lost, call me 715-817-0918

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you that made it out. It was nice to see some familiar facs and great to put some new faces to names. Well, at least your screen names, JarJar, Cheffry and Green and Gold. I am terrible at names so it may take another outing or two before I get your real names down.

Sorry more of you didn't catch fish, not sure what the problem was. But alas, thats why its called fishing and not catching. Great company, good brats Cheffry. Hope everyone else had a good time, I know I did. I managed a few fish, 2 nice eater size eyes, 1 snake, and 14 smallies, the biggest one measured 20.5 inches.

Wade

I had a great time watching Your rod bend with those smallies hittin that small jig ,,standing so close to You with out catching a fish gave me more time to do other things ,,,,but hey its called fishing,,, not watching others catch fish ,,You are the MAN!!!

Randoid

Thank for the clinic Wade crazy.gif I had great time out there only icing 1 smallie (18.5") but still nice to see every one. Did Bd110 keep moving east and finally work his way to the bar grin.gif

Hope to see everyone again soon.

Jar Jar

Well as ya all know I didn't make it - had an old high school friend in from Hawaii and I don't have cornputer access at home frown.gif Hope you all had a great time! Thanks to Wade for spearheading the outing!

Thanks guys, for the good time fishin'. Wade, thanks for setting things up. Between you and Cheffrey, I enjoyed a warm bratwurst lunch. Not much fish caught by me, just a few small northern and a perch. Still fun though, and I know more about Minnesuing than when I started.

You'll have to give me a little time to get those pics posted of Jar Jar's and Wade's bass. I've got to use up a few more pictures before I develop that roll of film.

Hey Cooter, sorry we missed ya. BTW, what's a "cornputer???" confused.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

what's a "cornputer

Its a type of corntraption used to corntrol, cornpute, and cornvey information grin.gif

It all started on a trip out West when we saw a sign for the corn palace advertising "Cornceptual Artwork" From there it has grown to include uses such as: I'm so cornfused; he's a cornspicuous looking character; I've lost all corntrol; stupid road cornstruction; my Grandma durn near had a corniption when she heard that; stop in at that cornvenience store, would ya; etc. Hope that helps grin.gif