• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

This is my new Idaho State Record Pike. 40lbs 2ozs. Caught August 6th. 51 1/2 inches long. Yes I am eating it, delicious! By the way I didn't say it was a meal and a half, the reporter said that.

You know, I am happy that Idaho got to join the 40lb state record class. Only 2 other states in the country can say that. But, 1 fish was no just removed from the body of water. A female of that size has the potential to produce up to 1,000,000 eggs. Not to mention those are the type of fish that you want to pass along its genes to the next generation. To each his own I guess. Can't really get mad when you are complying with state fish regulations. I just wonder what type of resource would Idaho have if the Fish & Game decide to protect the larger fish. Either way nice fish...I am extremely jealous especially when I left the area 7 days after that fish was caught.

40" pig from Aug. 22. Caught on the Double Cowgirl you see bent in half in the pics, semi-slow rolled a little bit after dark, a little darker than I really expected to get bit. Found success with this technique more than once lately. Haven't gotten anything noteworthy the last couple times out since that trip, other than reaffirming that 32-35" pike will eat Mag Dawgs and DCG's, and in the case of the Dawgs bite the tails off. frown

Quick solo pics before unhooking in the water and releasing.

28iymbo.jpg

9a95vk.jpg