• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Report Your Archery Kill - 2006

Rick

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot my first doe at the beginning of the month a nice doe of 120 # and shot myself a spike buck last night right towards dark. Was lokking to hold out a bit for a big boy but decided to go after the venison for the freezer. Perfect heart shot at 15 yards, the deer initially buckled then ran about 15-20 yards and tipped over dead. Man they go down fast when they are heart shot! I wish I could make that shot everytime! Got one doe tag left and the Wisconson season left for the year. Good luck hunting to you all!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I shot my first buck last Thursday near Remer, Mn. This is my first year bowhunting and it has been a blast. I had seem some does at about 5:30 that were out of range. Then at 6:10, I seen this deer about 80 yards away in the woods. Just like in the movies I had watched, I hit the bleet can once and the deer stopped on a dime and looked my way. After I hit the can the second time, he started trotting my way. He stopped about 20 yards away and I got a good shot on him. He ran about 200 yards and I heard him crash. Thats when the hard work started because I had no help to pull him out of the woods. Its just too bad he was missing his left main beam otherwise he would be on my wall. He tipped the scale at 224. Thanks to everyone for good info in all the posts because I have learned a lot from this site.

IMG_0917_1_1.jpgdeer5.jpg

Fellow Archery Hunters--

This past weekend I took my second deer by bow! The best part about this was not the deer itself (which was small) but the fact that my nine year old son was with me and he was the one that called it in (at least we think that he did)! We saw some does early in the hunt that day--but they stayed there distance!

We sat for about two more hours when I told my son that he could use his call that he had purchased! Lo and behold we had a button buck come out and walk right at us! I probably would not have taken this deer, but the look on his face was priceless! We tracked it in the dark a nd we had so much fun together. I am adding a picture from the next morning and as you can see the smile was still on his face. I saw someone from this site had a quote on the bottom that said, "Take your kid hunting and you will never have to hunt for your kid!" From our time together in the woods I believe this to be true!

DeerHunting2006003.jpg

That is awesome my son is 3 1/2 and loves to watch Primetime Bucks instead of cartoons, He has his toy guns and a bow which the arrows have suction cups on them. But anyway I have taking him out 2 times this year bowhunting out of my ground blind and he tells me that we have to be quite or we will scare the big bucks away. The look on his face is priceless I love it just spending that time with him out there could'nt make a Dad feel more proud. Congrads and cherish those moments I know I do.

Good job guys, nice buck nagly.

Bigpine, I dropped the string on one just like that at 7:06 this morning. I switched to anything antlerless mode this past weekend, as I've not had anything decent give me a shot all year. I was hoping to take one of the two does that were part of the group of five, but they'd all come from downwind & had finally gotten just enough scent that the does were on their way back out. One was close enough, but never presented a shot. Lots of antlerless tags, decided to take the bird in the hand. Had to get down by 7:30 anyway to come to work.

Great story bigpine, congrats. I had my first bow kill last night. Same size as yours, but what a rush. Will skip rifle season but keep scouting as me and my partner found two bucks in our area that would score 140 and higher. Thanks for all the posts as I learned alot from this site. Good luck and happy hunting.

This is my first season and my first deer.

He's a 7 point with an 11 1/2 inch spread. I hit him at about 15 yards and he ran about 100 yards. What a great season this has been! grin.gif

I shoot a fred bear epic extreme.

Buck.jpg