• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April 21st Sturgeon Excursion!

Quote:

Wish I would not have bought a box full.
frown.gif

I bought fifty of each size to make sure I had enough to never run out though it was a good idea until the shipping bill came and the mail man gave me a dirty look when he handed or "rolled" me the box. grin.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the guys in my boat you can bump that number up to 21.

Rick

Deitz

Jon Petrowske

Me!

I know there are a lot of guys booked at Schusters who haven't responded yet too.

I do think there is a cabin or two left at Schusters if any one else wants to join us.

Contact them here Schusters Resort or call 1 (800) 243-2412

Looks like Jon has us covered for No Rolls! grin.gif

I am in I am flying solo on this trip. I have a boat I can bring but if it is just me I would appreciate if I could just hop in with someone if not I have room for a couple others. Let me know if there is a spot in a boat or if I need to bring mine.

Quote:

Me, smallie hawgin, ChuckN and his buddy.

I'll be bringing a few cases of flavored sunflower seedz courtesy of Rock Star Gourmet seeds.

A buddy of mine makes these, and I'll be tossing bags at fellow FM'ers.

Get ready for the best dang sunflower seedz you have ever had. I'll have spicy, texmex and ranch flavors.

oh boy! Gotta cheek full as I type. grin.gif

I've never heard of this brand. I thought I'd tried em all.

Hate to admit it, but I can darn near eat a pound of these things in a sitting crazy.gif

For any new comers like myself to this Sturgeon game,I have bought 4/0 circle hooks and Oshaunnessy hooks and I have a fair amount.If you are going to need a couple,dont buy a whole package as I would be more than happy to give you a few.I dont have enough for the whole crew,but if 4-6 guys need some thats fine.

Buzbunni and I will be there as well. Might have room for another FM'r. My boat's 16'4" and fairly narrow (72") but we like to take a 3rd along when fishing for cats so if there's a single in need of a seat we'd be happy to try and swing it. You'll have to endure cigars, snacks and the occasional brew.

I just finished pouring a crapload of 1-1/2 to 5 oz. no roll sinkers and would also be glad to help out if anyone is in need.

How many worms do the experts in here recommend we bring for this outing? We'll be arriving on Friday night late and leaving sometime on Monday so I'm thinking at least 2 full days fishing. I'd hate to run short!

My daughter, Brianna, myself and Tom E, our fishing partner will all be there.

We are also bringing some of the things that make fishing for "other" fish more enjoyable. Right now, our custom rod holders, PVA bags, Vexilar ice box rigged up with LED's, spinning rod with a DuBro line release clip and a spod are on the list.

I'm thinking that the talk after a day on the water will be almost as much fun as the fishing.

We're thinking about half a flat of crawlers, maybe a whole flat and we're also going to try some gulp crawlers.

I cannot wait to see Brianna crank in her 1st Sturgeon. That will be too cool.

We use 1 1/2 ounce and 2 ounce lindy sinkers. I wouldn't mind trying a no roll sinker.....

Tom B

tan 1750 Crestliner with a 70 hp evenrude 4t tiller

I will be up with one or two other guys the 22nd-26th[had to change my dates due to tax season]. Anyone staying past the weekend?

Where are poeple getting thier crawlers? We were unable to find any in Baudette last year around the tenth. I will be coming from the west metro via Duluth. My fishing partner says they are getting pricy in Duluth due to looper season.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

Only a few days away now and the fish are biting!

Here is a pic of a monster that Yvonne caught on the 9th.

68 inches long and possibly 100lbs!

Way to go!

Can you imagine battling a fish that size!?

I hope I don't have to imagine, come this weekend! wink.gif

Image1.jpg

My fishing partner (MRP) and I will be up Thursday around noon if anyone is fishing. We'll be in the bay, weather permitting. Stop by and say hi. red Lund Explorer with a 40 Honda.

Hope to meet a lot of you over the weekend.

JP

Quote:

Just a few more days is right.Our plans changed and were leaving on Thursday.
smile.gif
Still not soon enough.

Sounds like several of us are leaving Thursday, just can't wait to get on some open water for big fish!