• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where does everyone hunt.

half2fish

i was just wondering where everyone hunts. i am going to be bow hunting in the mille lacs wma. anyone else hunt there? i will be rifle hunting about 20 mileas south of baudette. and muzzleloading in the same spot as rifle.

I'm gonna bowhunt anywhere and everywhere I can get permission....I talked my way onto 220 acres last weekend so I got a camera and some mineral/attractent sites set up to test the waters. Thats near Deerwood area.

I usually rifle in Pillager state forest, but I ahven't decided if I'll be going back there. They clear cut my stand last year so maybe it will be recovering by now.

Several pieces of land in the Long Prairie area, probably 600 acres or so for bow, shotgun, & muzzleloader. A little bow down by Cologne, & some rifle & possibly bow up by Frazee. All on private land. Like someone else said, anywhere I can get permission that has deer.

North Dakota-3 sections of river bottom along the Sheyenne river,Gods country for deer and turkey,only problem is you always run out of tags or you have to let alot of deer walk by,and I have always found that tough to do.

Bowhunt between Hutchinson and Litchfield

Bowhunt and rifle hunt on Potlatch north of Staples

Rifle hunt near Napoleon, ND

Bowhunt near Lankin, ND

I have hunted forests, farm land, urban areas and everything in between. My favorite places to hunt are in N.D. and are also the most challenging as it is very open and expansive. I have also seen the biggest deer of my life out that way and I always hope to get close enough to one when I actually have a buck license. It seems whenever I have a doe tag the big one comes my way and whenever I have a buck tag I see him about a mile away... go figure?!?!?!

im hunting in east bethal on a 160 acre farm. i put my stand in a nice little funnel with a field and woodlot on one side and in the front and back of me is a wet swamp, and the other side is another woodlot. im so excited i filmed a buck thats probly in the 140 to 160 class p&y i kid you not and there was another one with him that was 130 140 maybe. there brusiers i tell you. well 5 days left and im gonna be in the books haha i wish. good luck everyone.

day light in the swamp

brian

In Minnesota I hunt around home and around the Blackduck area. I already hunted the first weekend of september in ND, 40 minutes west of Grand Forks. By the way I passed on a 125 to 130 class 8 pointer that weekend at 6 yards. Too early to fill my tag there when I know there are a lot of bigger bucks out there.

paceman,

Not really, I only have like 32 or 33 that I currently have access to & they aren't all good bow stands. Several of them it's touchy on bringing anybody with, but yes I think we could find a spot for almost any wind that would have a chance at something, pick your weekend. You know me though, I'm a numbers guy not a trophy guy.

Incidentally 15 geese flew over the house last night low enough, while I was messing with the car, no chance to grab the gun, which was cased in the truck. Two dog sized deer in the field right at dark.