• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oct 14 deadline for: Best Family Outing / Vacation Picture Contest

Thank you all for participating in the Turkey Hunting Photo Contest ..... Click Here to view the results. We placed out to 7th Place instead of 5th……..you may be a winner without knowing!

Our next contest is for the best Family Outing/Vacation Photo. From Camping to Fishing and more.

Rules:

* You must have at least two family members present in the picture (Granparents, Parents, Children, Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, and Aunts).

* Your picture must represent an outdoor activity in good taste.

* You must caption your picture

* You must identify family relationship of those in picture ie; Mother and Daughter, Grandfather and Uncle, etc.

1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate to Art Barbarians

2nd to 4th Place: $40 Gift Certificate to Art Barbarians

All Non-Placing entries receive $10 Art Barbarians Gift Certificates.

Please remember we only have your Fishing Minnesota username, all prize claiming must be done in person at the gallery (across from the New Cabela’s in Rogers!)

Thank you,

Art Barbarians

Oct 14th Deadline!

Here are a shot from the family reunion. My grandparents had 12 kids, when this group gets together tensions flare, food and beverage consumed and a great time had by all. The whole clan spawned from north central Iowa and is currently peppered throughout the United States: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, California, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Washington D.C., New Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska (shoot….it gets hard to keep track)

The Grilling Summit.

Techniques from Florida, California and Minnesota all combined in one place at one time on 7 grills (five shown). My dad and two of his brothers commence the charbroil culinary masterpiece as 70 thick juicy Minnesota raised pork chops are about to be placed on the BarBee.

5grills4pn.jpg

Here's a picture from one of our annual trips to Lake of the Woods. It's of my late Uncle Francis (front of the boat) and my Uncle Kenny (driving the boat with the hair blowing in the wind) driving back to our cabin after a good day on the water. I took the picture from the back of the boat. It's one of my all-time favorites...

Scene-420x282.jpg

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

This is a pitcure I call My Three Sons. Mitch is eight and is in the bow seat. Brandon six and on the left. Last but not least is Skyler. This was are first father and son BWCA trip. We had a great time smile.gif and the boy's can not wait to go back. cool.gif

June2005BWCA.jpg

Later,

Lights

"Best Friends"

family0854wt.jpg

Me and the boy. Hopefully I get to fish with him till I'm old and unable to fish. I love the way he's brave to touch the fish, and yet has a cautious hand around my arm (just in case) wink.gif

Quality is poor, took a digital photo of the print itself rather than scan it in.

This is my 10 year old daughter Elise and her 13 year old cousin Jay on our trip to Canada this summer (2005). Elise's goal was to top her biggest walleye of 27.5 inches and she did with this 29.5" walleye. Caught on a slip bobber and a leech in 6 feet of water.

I'll title it "Best Buddies with the best catch"

summer05017.jpg

This is myself (ccarlson) and my 10 year old daughter Elise with a 40", 17 pound northern she caught casting a 1/4 ounce mimic minnow up into the shoreline for smallies during our trip to Canada in June of 2005. It gave her quite a fight but she does very well fighting big fish. The best part was watching her try to hold it for the pictures.

Both this fish and the walleye on the previous post were released.

We'll title this one "One Proud Dad"

summer05008.jpg