• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice fish guys!!

Heres a few from this last weekends trip into Basswood. The walleyes werent cooperating so we spent about half our time fishing these big gators. All went back unharmed, but I am definitely going to get a graphite replica made of the big guy...

23 lbs 8 0z

P5280024 (2).JPG

10 lbs 6 oz

P5280028 (2).JPG

Another 6 - 8 lb fish

P5290051 (2).JPG

My friend Josh nailed this pig in a walleye tournament on Lac Qui Parle last weekend. We didn't take much time to photo, measure or weigh it but we guessed in the 40" range. Too bad she wasn't the walleye we were hoping that was on the end of the line... ooo.gif

LQP002.jpg

here are some pike we caught tonight at my favorite lake.

my first of the trip

1000707medium9hx.jpg

here is the second

1000712medium9pm.jpg

number 3 for the day

1000715medium4wm.jpg

this makes 4

1000719medium8rp.jpg

this was the only one my buddy caught but it was a nice one! He is fairly new to fishing and this is his biggest fish so far. I had as much fun watchin and coaching him catching this as catching the ones got!

1000720large1wp.jpg

THERES SOMETHING IN THE WATER!!!

1000725large8mw.jpg

another on that fell to the husky jerk

1000726medium2ws.jpg

my last one of the day

1000730large7pp.jpg

all fish were released to fight another day. hope to see them again soon!!

ya that lake is awesome! i cant imagine even a fly in lake being much better than that place. the average pike out of there is over 5 pounds and we rarely catch them under 5 pounds. for a comparison I am 6 feet 5 inches tall and weigh over 200 pounds so the fish may seem smaller than they actually are. next time out I will try to rember the tape to get some measurements

Chisago Fishman-

I recognize the lake where the Muskie came from - the tell tale "rock climbing wall" in the very upper right hand corner of your picture is from the YMCA camp. Did your Northern come out of that lake too? We were just out there tonight and did not have much luck. Mainly fished for Bass and threw a few spinners for Northern/Muskie. Were you fishing deep? Shallow? I have fished that lake for years - and have caught some nice Muskie - but not many Northerns that size - so I was wondering how you came upon the Northern? Nice pics...

Hoffer, your funny! I was just out at the campsite on this lake last Saturday! I have had great days on this west metro lake over the years, but I've also had my share of shutouts! Heres a pike from last year out there.. I got it to the right of the landing by the water inlet... all muskie fisherman know this spot on this lake! Sorry it's from '04!

2003_0807_160714AA.JPG

And I should have held it under the bellie for all the pictures I guess.

she was back in the water in no time!

That is a nice pike - and I know the area you are talking about. A few years back, a couple guys were bobber fishing from shore. One guy locked on to a monster muskie - we watched him fight it for a long time - his buddy would walk along knee deep and sometimes waist deep with a net trying to land it. After quite awhile, the muskie won. My friend and I were watching the whole thing and it was very humorous. Lost of big Muskie in that lake - but like I mentioned before we have never latched on to a Pike over maybe 6 pounds. We have also had trouble the past few years with any nice size bass. There were a few years where we had such great luck - with a few bass over 6 pounds. It is kind of frustrating to get a good pattern on this lake - from year to year the weeds, lillypads and "mat" seem to change quite a bit. My biggest Muskie was 42 - but we have seen many larger including a monster that was pushing 50 - and was VERY fat too! Unfortunately, it was at the landing in a boat and was being kept!...anyway - maybe we will see you out there sometime.

Corey-

is that a real picture - it is awesome - I just cant believe that someone would have the presence of mind to have a cammera ready and take such a great picture - that Nort. must be over 20 pounds?? Can you say what lake that took place on?? I am guessing a "Northern lake" in canada...

Hey Corey, I got that picture to, I think a guys arm would fall off if yah had to cast a 24" plug all day!!! grin.gif It mite be worth it though, to see something like that happen!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Corey that is an awsome pic. Question is did they catch both fish or actually what happened after the pic was taken? That northern looks easily to be pushing 20#s!!!