• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DNR survey

Kingfisher

I received in the mail today a fishing survey pamphlet with about 8 pages of questions from the MN DNR. The cover letter stated that my name had been randomly picked from the issued 2003-2004 MN fishing license. Just wondering how many of you received one also.

King fisher,

I didn't get one either. Almost sounds like it is about as common as winning the lottery.....maybe you should go out and buy a ticket tongue.gif. Yeah I have not heard of anyone getting one either. I guess you are just special (or lucky) or something.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

i haven't seen or heard of any recently. i do believe that i got one last year or the year before from the dnr-U of M that dealt with fishing trout in minnesota. i have always gotten a trout stamp so i figured thats how i got one

bigminnow, and all interested, thanks for responding; There were about 50 questions like; to me fishing is: unimportant, somewhat important, neutral, important, very important. Questions about controlling aquatic growth along shorlines; strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, strongly agree.

Other questions come to mind like; would you rather fish a lake with large numbers of small fish, or a lake with trophy size in it. How many fish I ate in one year. Is it important to catch a limit. What I thought about slots. How many rod and reels I owned. Estimated value of all my fishing equipment. Public access quality. DNR's performance, annual income, how many days I fish a year, etc etc.

By the way they asked how many and what fishing magazines I receive and how often I read them. I answered none, I also added another block under their question and put down internet, then I put down Fishing Minnesota , 360 days a year!!

The self addressed and postage paid envelope went to a PHD at U of M.