• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neat Fishing Print!

Matt Breuer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people overlooked the point, I never said the prints were good, just that it was cool that someone painted up the situation, and the record was caught on a Phelps Floater and leech. Funny comments though, interesting how it does look like the salmon!

Leech, I would love to check out your paintings in person, and I'll be coming through Willmar in a couple weeks. Shoot me an e-mail! mjbreuer at paulbunyan.net

Leech21, Your crappie picture is incredibly realistic! Many cuts above the salmon/walleye. Your obvious talent really shows through in your creations. I happen to know Dan Smith(I'm sure you have heard of him) I will try to forward your print to him and make some query's about how to proceed on your behalf. Just don't forget who your old buddies are after you become rich and famous. My warmest regards and best wish's for your continued success. smile.gif1DIRTBALL aka:Keith

Question is, can you paint or have you painted a brook trout?

If so, I would be interested in commissioning you.

Brokk torut prints are hard to come by...at least well done prints.

Your renditions are very much "alive" good work by joe!

Jim W

Leech 21, Very nice Prints. Good Job!! I really would like to have the Crappie one but with an Ice Buster Bobber (the Ice Buster Bobber, and a string tie knot without the plastic bead). IT would look very nice on my wall!!!

I can see covers of magazines with your work.

Bruce Mosher

Thanks again for all the wonderful compliments. Thanks 1DIRTBALL for the chance to get in touch with Dan Smith. He is a wonderful artist. Sure I could do a brook trout Jim W. I personally haven't done a painting of one, but I know I could. I thought about doing oil paintings of angler's trophy catches. They tell me about the fish, weather conditions, lure, the lake, etc., and I would paint up a picture of the fight of their prize catch. Kind of a memory type thing. I have walleye, pike, and smallmouth paintings as well. If you guys want to see them I can probably get them up. Matt Breuer you have mail and pikehunter you have mail as well. Thanks again.

Wow, those look awsome. I could see something like that on the cover of infisherman.

Leech, what do you think it would cost for you to do up a painting of a fish someone caught like you explained? That would be something really unique instead of just a replica/mount.

Nice work! I would imagine you could get some magazines interested in your pics with just a glance. I'd be really surprised if you were unable to make your painting into some type of a career. There's a lot of wildlife art out there, but the artists that can really capture the life like aspect of the animals are still pretty sought after. Good luck wherever your art takes you!

Leech, great paintings man! I can definitely see your work on the cover of Fur Fish and Game someday. Very cool!

Regarding Fishing prints, some of the most realistic stuff I have ever seen was done by Mark Susinno. Its amazing, the first time I saw some of his prints I thought they were pictures. After I saw the one called "Irresistable - Muskie" I just knew I had to have it. He's done some really nice prints. Do a google images search to see some of his work. It is amazingly lifelike.

LEECH21, I know making prints can be quite expensive. We looked at making some from an original we had 15 years ago, yes we had the artists permission. The artist MUST give permission to make copies/prints due to copywright law.

Anyway, to make 500 prints it was a little over $5000. But if we could have sold the prints for $65 each we would see a profit of about $50 each, not bad. Costs have probably gone up since then.

There use to be a print shop in LaCrosse Wisc but I can't remember the name.

I would suggest calling some of the large print houses such as Wild Wings (Lake City) or Hadley House (Minneapolis ??). Or call directly to Dave Maas, Terry Redlin or Phil Scholar (Kasson MN). They're pretty good guys and I'm sure they would be willing to help.

Good luck to you. AND I too would be interested in buying some of your prints if you do make them into prints.

If you do make the prints let me know, I might have an idea on how you could sell 300 of them in bulk.

Of course I would have to see the prints first. What you show looks very nice but prints will sometimes change things.