• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neat Fishing Print!

Matt Breuer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to start a fight or hurt anyone's feelings, but..... I think those are horrible looking prints. The fish don't look lifelike at all.

Just my opinion.

Sorry it's early .... I should just keep my mouth shut. crazy.gif

I was looking at them asking myself the same questions. That walleye looks like a steelhead body painted like a walleye. Too short and stocky for that record walleye. The Northern doesnt really look well praportioned either. This guy is a Nationaly known artist but maybe doesnt know his fish too well.

Just wondering if any of you fishingmn members have any hook ups with someone thats into wildlife painting for a living. I have five total finished oil paintings on my wall right now with another being half done. I've been into painting my whole life and I love fishing, so they go hand in hand. The ones I have finished are; a walleye, lm bass, pike, sm bass, and blk crappies. The bluegill one is still in the working. This is something I would love to do full time. I just need to get someone to help get me going in the right direction........Thanks LEECH21

Sure Surface Tension, I'll post them (or try to). I haven't posted a pic since FM switched to the new format. I'll have to set up a new account with a pic hosting site. I have to step out of the house for a bit, but I'll try to get them soon. Thanks for your interest in my paintings.

LEECH21-

One of my relatives, I believe its my dad's cousin, paints for a living. His name is John House. He won the MN state duck stamp in 1999 and the MN pheasant stamp in 2004. You can do a search for 'John House Art' and you'll find his webpage. He does very nice work. I don't know him very well but my dad does.

Sorry about the double post. The pictures are fairly clear. As you can imagine they are pictures of pictures. Kinda hard to fit the canvas in the scanner. LOL grin.gif The bottom of the bass pic turned out funny when I was scanning it somehow....but I'm sure you'll get the idea of what the actual paintings look like. I hope you enjoy my work....LEECH21

Thanks for all the compliments. They are really appreciated. I'm not sure on the print thing either. I'm trying to get some info on it. Like how much it costs to make a print and where can I get them made up? I'd much rather sell 500 paintings for less money than 1 for quite a bit more. Right now I'm having troubles parting with the ones I've got. Each one takes about 30+ hours to paint up. So parting with the ones I have done is real hard. My wife keeps telling me that I'm not going to make any money if I don't sell them. I tell her that if I sell them all, then how am I going to show people my work? I thought about going onto the forum and asking to trade a guided trip somewhere for one of my paintings, but I'm not sure if I want to do that either. Pikehunter I will e-mail you. Thanks again felles! LEECH21