• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where are you headin' for deer season?

I'm sure this gets covered every year, but...

Where are you heading for deer season?

A week from Friday I'll be going up to Williams in Lake of the Woods County to our deer shack and camp. I can't wait, truly my favorite time of the year! laugh.gif

Good luck and be safe!

HB

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm head up between Menahga and Park Rapids. I've been up a couple of times preparing things for the hunt. Lot's of deer around, and the funny thing was, on the last trip up, we saw more deer while we were running the chain saw for fire wood. They sure seem to know when the season starts!! grin.gif

Heading down to Jackson for the annual slug fest 4A, ML WMA for the 2nd weekend, and maybe even up to the cabin in Hovland for the last weekend if any tags left "Which shouldn't be a problem". Oh, and if it's ok with the wife to be gone that long.

Good luck everyone

Zumbro Falls. We have been hunting deer there for seventeen years. But two years ago the farmer that owned the land sold half of it to the D.N.R. and the other half to a rich dude from the cities. Now the D.N.R. half is a Scientific Natural Area. That means NO HUNTING. The rich dude from the cities has given me permission to hunt. That was very nice of him.

Spring Grove for bucks only. Was down last weekend scouting and the deer were thick. Way too much corn still standing. Might be tough hunting if the corn is not gone.

Todd

Heading 4 miles West of my house near LP to hunt at my Uncle's place, formerly my grandparents, like I have every year of my hunting existence. 23 years or something like that, plus several before that as a child hanger on. Will make a one day to trip to paceman's folks late during the week & back to hunt the weekend here, along with possible outings on mine & my Dad's places, very little woods there, but both have yielded deer occasionally.

We'll be just south of Williams by LOW. Where are you at Harmonica Bear? We've been in that area and over south of the Night Hawk for the past 24 years or so and we've bought property about 7 years ago just a little south of Williams. Maybe see you at the Muni. If you see any guys talking about "Five Bucks Lodge" that's us.

AREA 222 EAST OF ONAMIA A FEW FEW MILES.. BEEN BOW HUNTING A FEW TIMES THERE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN TOO SUCCESSFUL. LOTS OF DEER ON THE ROAD WHEN IM LEAVING AT NITE THOUGH!! confused.gif OH WELL...... CAN'T WAIT..... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!

fivebucks,

Our camp is just south of Williams. First dirt road east of Williams, south until the road ends. If you frequent the Muni, you might know of the Gundersons. Our land is adjacent to theirs. I personally have been hunting there since 1986, I think a couple of the boys started in 78? Anyway, it rocks up there, I wouldn't trade hunting at our camp for anywhere else. Yeah, the Nighthawk! Got to like that place, Ray the owner is heck of a guy. Yes, we do have a bucket on the wall as well. I am sure we will be in there for bucket or two sometime when we are up there. If you see 4 guys drinking from a bucket that says "Jensen's Deer Camp" That would be us. Say hi. Good luck and straight shooting.

HB

I know right about where you're at. We are 2 miles south on the tar by the powerline. I spent a few hours in the Night Hawk. I really miss the old Hawk before they tore it down and made it into what it is today. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. Have fun and shoot straight also.