• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer scent??

Looking for recommendations on a good deer scent (Buck attractant) not sure if they even work other than giving a guy a little more confidence, but thought try a new one this year! 

Thanks! 

Edited by jay83196
Typo

i'm not totally sold on the stuff but use it. tried differnet brands not sure if one is better then the next. i've had good luck with those green doe bleet cans. 

i've heard some good things about a product called nose jammer. not really ascent but its suppose to not make deer so spooky of odd scents.........makes  them less spooky . i am trying it this year but we aint got much for deer in our hunting area!!!!

I gave up on attractants years ago.  I can’t point to a specific time one ever worked but can point to a couple specific times they caused a problem.

Scent control (99.9% scent free is a fantasy), play the wind, be in the right spot are your best bets IMO.

Deer calls HAVE worked though.

I thought I heard the DNR stopped the sale and use of any real Deer produced scent products because of CWD possible spread.  Not sure if they lifted that yet or not?   I also stopped spending cash on something I never found made much of a difference.  

10 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I thought I heard the DNR stopped the sale and use of any real Deer produced scent products because of CWD possible spread.  Not sure if they lifted that yet or not?   I also stopped spending cash on something I never found made much of a difference.  

just in like a third of the counties in the state.  Page 86 of the regs has the map.

12 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I saw all sorts of deer pizz for sale in a county where they can't legally be used over the weekend.