• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morels!

Almost that time of year again to start looking in another week or two around the cities.

Make sure you know what your looking for and at.

Real Morels are hollow top to bottom when cut in half pictured on the left of double picture. 

False or "Half morels" are connected on the inside when cut in half and are poisonous, pictured on the right.

Good Luck. ?

11150663_1607622159485773_3279564088990580696_n.jpg

morelverpa.jpg

29 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

Meh, deep fried anything tastes like deep fried everything.  To each their own.

I like a light saute in some butter and piled on a steak.  

Yep, sautéed in butter with some garlic is the other way I have them. ?

Found 41 smaller yellows in Carver Co last night. Very top of south facing hill pretty open and sunny. 30 feet down the hill looked like way better spot but just not quite warm enough yet. Sure could use a shot of rain but dont see any in the forecast.

55 minutes ago, snagfinder said:

Found 41 smaller yellows in Carver Co last night. Very top of south facing hill pretty open and sunny. 30 feet down the hill looked like way better spot but just not quite warm enough yet. Sure could use a shot of rain but dont see any in the forecast.

Nice!  Some guy on Facebook market placing is selling a bunch. His location says Litchfield. ?

I checked my spots yesterday and nothing happening yet. Saw a Pheasant Back just forming on one of the trees I get them from each year. 

Went out and checked this morning. Nothing happening yet but it has to be soon. The cold nights aren't helping!  Did have some Pheasant backs coming up though. ?