• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

8 month old retrieving machine.  I think she’s up 12 the past two days, both water and cattails - for birds.

We haven’t bothered to count how many shotgun shells she brought back. 😄

Well she is a Eco friendly dog at least! 👍

26 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

that would been fun to watch!!!     

It was fun but also stressful!  I waited over 2 years to have those swans made and today was their first hunt and those were the first birds decoyed, and in about 10 minutes.

Poked a dang hole in one.  Left a little down in the tear for a souvenir.  And it’s heavy canvas.

7CB9786A-A892-406C-91C4-A8D933207F95.thumb.jpeg.c16312c8e0bd003248346b587c6663ed.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

did you get your old job back???   always was wondering...    

I did go back full time but still doing the business part time; evenings, weekends and PTO for the bigger jobs.  I’ve worked 25of the last 30 days and hunted for 5. 😉

9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

8 month old retrieving machine.  I think she’s up 12 the past two days, both water and cattails - for birds.

We haven’t bothered to count how many shotgun shells she brought back. 😄

I've never hunted over a dog that policed brass. I know ya can't explain the whole process, but can ya share how to get one started . 

That's one special pooch.

5 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

I've never hunted over a dog that policed brass. I know ya can't explain the whole process, but can ya share how to get one started . 

That's one special pooch.

Just a major oral fixation with that dog.  It’s a good thing and a bad thing.  But I’ll take her in my boat - sometimes… 😉

48E20CBE-6D5C-4C21-82C0-6F3939EFDC2F.thumb.jpeg.0bdbc816d4f904f8d575a25578c4a75d.jpeg

Edited by Wanderer

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Did you bring it back for a patch?  Or didn't you want to see him cry! 😲

He likes to know his stuff works so I showed him.  We’ll do a patch and paint after the season ends.  Two holes and a cracked neck now after a second beating I was too far away from to stop.

8B587DC0-4227-46AF-AA99-F6A81DE5F162.thumb.jpeg.215513ab69564be8ae1321f5a8248d99.jpeg

0DD74B79-E024-4653-8E7B-FDBC673F0A45.thumb.jpeg.07ad46feea2e16e9a25c440818f9d5fd.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

He likes to know his stuff works so I showed him.  We’ll do a patch and paint after the season ends.  Two holes and a cracked neck now after a second beating I was too far away from to stop.

8B587DC0-4227-46AF-AA99-F6A81DE5F162.thumb.jpeg.215513ab69564be8ae1321f5a8248d99.jpeg

0DD74B79-E024-4653-8E7B-FDBC673F0A45.thumb.jpeg.07ad46feea2e16e9a25c440818f9d5fd.jpeg

You must setup in their "house" and they didn't like it! 😠

Hope that's not going to be the reaction all the time, or they may end up as lawn ornaments?  😐

45 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

You must setup in their "house" and they didn't like it! 😠

Hope that's not going to be the reaction all the time, or they may end up as lawn ornaments?  😐

36 minutes ago, Duffman said:

And now you know why nobody else uses Swan dekes.

:D

Yep, trumpeters are territorial and I’m not incredibly surprised by the reaction.  And I don’t like following the crowd.  Never have.  

I can handle the extra attention if it means the divers swing in a little deeper than without.  I like 1 shot kills and no lost birds.  The swans back off with a shot across the bow if a little shout and arm wave doesn’t do the trick.