• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rattle Reels

BunchOfish

Now that I have a wheel house I'm in need of some rattle reels.  I have looked at a bunch of them and want to hear what others use.  I don't want to have a reel at every hole but I want to able to move them from hole to hole(not permanently mounted in one spot).   What would be a good option to do that?

I have the Lindell's in my big house. While I "like" them, I don't necessarily "love" them. Last year I picked up a second, slightly smaller fishouse and decided explore a few different options. I picked up the following:

image.png.c596827e3370865f7a3344a84fd1eda7.png

Productive 101 - $11

image.png.7311e37c8c48229bf218c528aa555f32.png

Rattelwheel -$20

image.png.e0311f36592934f1a1ef2b496cbcfc65.png

Lakco - $6

SO,,,,,, the results? I actually really like the old-school wood reel for the money and sound. The rattlesnake is REALLY nice. I like the puck design that lets you move them around and use other accessories (like the lindells). I knew what I was getting with the Lakco... but also know from experience that after about 5 years the plastic will get brittle and they will have to be replaced. I guess that right now, I am considering outfitting the bigger house w/ rattlesnakes and moving the lindells to the smaller house. We only use them at night, so I can't quite justify spending the dough on products like the northern lights ( $50...wow)

Just my two cents

image.png

image.png

image.png

47 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

I have the Lindell's in my big house. While I "like" them, I don't necessarily "love" them. Last year I picked up a second, slightly smaller fishouse and decided explore a few different options. I picked up the following:

image.png.c596827e3370865f7a3344a84fd1eda7.png

Productive 101 - $11

image.png.7311e37c8c48229bf218c528aa555f32.png

Rattelwheel -$20

image.png.e0311f36592934f1a1ef2b496cbcfc65.png

Lakco - $6

SO,,,,,, the results? I actually really like the old-school wood reel for the money and sound. The rattlesnake is REALLY nice. I like the puck design that lets you move them around and use other accessories (like the lindells). I knew what I was getting with the Lakco... but also know from experience that after about 5 years the plastic will get brittle and they will have to be replaced. I guess that right now, I am considering outfitting the bigger house w/ rattlesnakes and moving the lindells to the smaller house. We only use them at night, so I can't quite justify spending the dough on products like the northern lights ( $50...wow)

Just my two cents

image.png

image.png

image.png

I have been leaning towards the rattlesnakes because you can move them around so I would only need a couple of them.  I also looked at the north lights one but I to cant justify the money for the little bit I use them.

This is kinda crazy.......I use all three of those.

the catch cover rattle snake is the best all around

the wooden ones I have clips I clip on my counter top to put over the holes.

the orange one I riveted to magnets to the back to use over my bunk hole.

I do have one of the northern lights......love it.

just a heads up to you guys, ther is an adaptor that the northern lights rattle wheel makes which allows it to be used with the catch cover puck system. It is a plastic wedge and hook. 

What I did was picked up two of the extra adaptors to use with the catch cover puck system.

I can use my wooded productive rattle wheels & northern lights all with the catch cover pucks. Simply just take the clamp off the wooden rattle wheel and use the hole with the hook adaptor. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Agronomist_at_IA

I was at the Hard water Expo in Blaine this past weekend and found these rattle reels for $10 a piece and the wall mounts were only $1 each.  So I bought two rattle reels and 5 mounts(one for each hole).  They might not be the greatest but they also didn't cost me more then $25 so I'm happy with them.  They will work just fine for the little bit I will use them.  I really liked the northern lights reels but I just couldn't pay what they wanted.  The wife really liked them too until she saw how much they were haha.

Capture.JPG

Edited by BunchOfish

1 hour ago, BunchOfish said:

Now that I have the reels, what everyone use for line on them?  It seems like fly line is pretty popular.

Fly line is the only way to go. I have barrel swivels 3 foot up. Tried tip up line and finally got sick of cutting out knots.

I did a little refining with my setup.  Wanted to try the venom rattle reel......e mailed the guy on utube said he does not make them anymore.

I got rid of the productive alternative clamp ons. I ended up going with 6 rattle snakes, 2 northern lights, and one lacko.

I plan to run both northern lights off an accessory plug with a splitter. The Lacko I riveted two round magnets on the back, and magnet it to the KS bunk rail bracket above one hole. I think I will like this setup.

I also talked to catch cover.....they maybe bringing a rattle snake/northern lights style rattle reel next year.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, Agronomist_at_IA said:

I also talked to catch cover.....they maybe bringing a rattle snake/northern lights style rattle reel next year.

Not sure what you mean by "rattle snake / Northern lights" style ?