• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Girls Are Trouble

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Yes it is. 

There are some nice bucks down there for sure.  I was down there on Black Friday with the family as its our tradition to get outside on Black Friday instead of go shopping like everyone else.  Lost count of how many deer we saw out on Pike Island but saw one real dandy buck bedded down just off the trail maybe 15 yards away. Looked like the guy with the bloody eye.  He looked to be getting by just fine at that point. 

On 12/19/2018 at 11:31 AM, nofishfisherman said:

There are some nice bucks down there for sure.  I was down there on Black Friday with the family as its our tradition to get outside on Black Friday instead of go shopping like everyone else.  Lost count of how many deer we saw out on Pike Island but saw one real dandy buck bedded down just off the trail maybe 15 yards away. Looked like the guy with the bloody eye.  He looked to be getting by just fine at that point. 

Yes there are a few decent deer in there but mainly a bunch of does. Deer are a little to tame for my liking though as many of the people think they need to try to feed them. Makes for easier photography but just not quite as rewarding. But does make for a much better day walking around then a day shopping! Glad to hear of your tradition.

the star and tribune's outdoor section today has a picture of a 12 pointer at fort snelling state park on the back page. had to come back here to compare. the picture is not one of the bucks posted here........................so that means there's 3 huge bucks with massive hardware in that park. amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Its amazing what happens with bucks when they don't have to worry about getting shot.

Here are 3 bucks that visited my front yard within less than a 2 week span in December.  I live in the burbs just north of St. Paul with only a 1/3 of an acre lot.  I also have pictures of countless does with up to 5 in the yard at one time.

20181217_162527.jpg

20181219_172930.jpg

48418317_10217448450826273_811712870067732480_o.jpg

I have a buck that visits intermittently (at least when it is light out.  No camera), and a group of 4 does.  Looks like mama, two yearlings, and this year's fawn. 

We are right along a 4 lane highway in SW Rochester. 

There is a group of 4 that roams the neighborhood constantly.  Looks like a mama and 3 yearlings.  Lately they've been joined by a 5th young doe.  I've only see one small buck (6 pointer) all the other bucks have been like the ones above.  There are just the 3 I have on my trail camera the others have either eluded my camera or I've seen them down the block.  I know there are at least 5 unique bucks in the same range as the 3 I have pictures of.