• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bargain Cave Is Going Away.

Was just out to the Cabela's in Rogers and they are clearing out and closing their bargain cave.  I think I have only bought two things in there in all the years they have been open so it's not a real biggy to me.  Thought I would pass it along. 

If things in there were actually a bargain they might’ve moved more stuff.  I’ve picked up a couple things there but not more than 5-10% of the times I’ve visited it.

The pricing coupled with the “as is” , no returns policy kept me a bit gun shy of making it a viable source of gear.

21 minutes ago, Jim Almquist said:

I guess it depends what you are looking for. I just picked up 2 pairs of jeans for close to 50% off but this was also online and not a store.

Maybe that is the way they are going to move it all on-line?  

Bargain cave was always good for boots/clothes/random articles of clothing etc. Fishing and hunting items were never really good. Seemed to me it was all Cabela's brand stuff. Maybe because they deal with their returns, if you had to return a Shimano or St Croix, you would be dealing with their customer service i suppose. Over the years Ive only grabbed a few items from them, my favorite probably being a sleeping bag. ? Good quality and was cheap. Never had luck with any boots my size, or any decent jackets. I had heard from a friend you could actually bargain their mark down price for even another 10-15% off. Where is all the returned stuff going to go???

Just visited the Cabela's out in Rapid city over the weekend. I am not sure what it was specifically but I didn't like the layout of the store and it just felt like they were missing lots of stuff. I wasn't impressed with the changes that Bass Pro did to that store.

It is a little smaller compared to others but I just felt it was lacking. I will try to visit the Mitchell, SD here in the next week or so and see if I feel the same way. Hopefully its just the case  with the Rapid store as I have always found what I needed at the Mitchell store.

Having recently visited both the Rapid City store and Mitchell store here in SD I cant quite put my thumb on it but I completely dislike the layouts of both stores and anything outdoor related has taken a backseat to women's apparel and other casual clothing.

Got a Cabela's 2018 Christmas catalog yesterday in the mail it is 180 pages. The first 70 pages is household and casual wear. Other than some smoking equipment and a few pages of camo and fishing stuff its basically got nothing related to hunting and fishing. I gave up trying to find anything related to ice fishing.

Welcome to Dick's 2.0 where they sell a little bit of everything and specialize in nothing!

Dick's suks, if anything find a SCHEELS store.  Cabala's knows that around Christmas after most of the Hunting season is done. It's time to start selling to Woman until Ice fishing kicks in! ?  On a side note I went over to the new Sportsman's Warehouse and it's ok but the layout is not as good as their old one and they may not have as much of something's.

Edited by leech~~

We have a Scheels here but they know they got a monopoly and prices reflect it. I wont set foot in Dick's or give them my business online. We used to have Sportsmans Warehouse but they closed here a number of years ago. 

We are getting a Fleet Farm in the near future I welcome them to town and hope they give Scheels some competition. I buy most of my fishing equipment from the local shop instead of the big box stores but I hope they don't suffer with fleet farm coming in.