• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Man we noticed yesterday that our little 7' tall apple tree is loaded with big apples.  Some are turning red.  Some Canada variety so should be hardy.  The wife is going to pick them in a few days and make me apple crisp.  Man I love that stuff.  Or blueberry crisp or cherry crisp.  I guess I just like any crisp.....   lol  Our tomatoes are looking good but still green.  The plants didn't get very tall but that is ok.  The only cukes we have are only babies that are 2-3" long.  Oh we have one weird looking English one that we can pick in a day or two.  I am going to look for some cukes for pickles.  Hope someone sells them around here.  Hey Jerkbait did you ever find any?  

Oh yeah Lindell nothing like homemade crisp with some vanilla ice cream!!  That's awesome you guys got to exchange hand shakes,  so much to do with so little time it seems.  Well the wife has mandatory over time for a couple days so I'm pretty sure it'll be pizza or tacos for a few days followed up with some ice cream!!    :D

lil late fer good morning but figured id drop in been busy busy!!!!!!!! nott much time  to play on puter! busy getting stuff at home done. today and tomorrow in red wing. wed gotz to be in fargo, thur in Bismarck Friday home. 

HEY REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta an investment opportunity for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P plant green beans!!!!!:grin: holy Hannah, when I picked up my pickles for canning, I inquired about them. they want 65.50 for a bushel. ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I will do without for that price!!!!

Someone PAYS for GB's??!?! I'd PAY to truck them out of the state! Replace them with pickled beets!  

Good morning guys...... but not here so much. RA has me hurting so bad today along with the other pains, I can't even stand. SOB! MUst be the hume and the wedder...or something. Not looking forward to the National Night Out talk tonite. Right now that's  the last thing I feel like doing. I can sit and still do it, I guess. The NL will probably then have me trapped, and be squirming around me like a 'crawler on a hook. I could display proper use of handcuffs, but she'd probably love it. Maybe not so much cuffed to a drainpipe out back, though...:grin:  A big church a couple blocks away is nice enough to offer the  group their huge meeting room to accommodate all of us. 125 neighbors so far, and growing. They also are nice enough to buy refreshments and cook burgers, brats, and hot dogs for all. Everyone is supposed to bring a dish to pass or some dessert. They're getting a big container of chewy fudge brownies from me that I made last nite. Last year, every time I thought I  was finished answering questions, someone would ask another....and another...as the food became more and more ravaged. By the time I got to it, it was pretty well decimated. I think tonite, I'll grab the mike and set up in the middle of the food tables. Have a good day, guys.

That RA has to suck. All there is to it. Bad enough the air is like breathing a brick of cheese today. We were happy it was overcast earlier so it was semi-tolerable even though it's very still. I see that's about to change so lots of hydration will be required. Good luck on yer presentation Reb. Just a suggestion: Maybe you could illustrate your talk by incorporating some finger puppets. :D

smurf finger puppets.jpg

Nope! She musta finally got the message...she was rather cool to me and sat at another table. ;) I was too busy anyway filling my piehole with burgers, brats, salads, 'tato salad, crab salad, italian pasta, sliced 'maters', 'cukes, chips, cake, brownies, pies, and cookies..you know, the important stuff. I love these kinda get-togethers! I also like eating food that's prepared for me! No cooking for me! You married guys don't know how good ya have it!

That would be nice and I can relate. I wind up doing most of the meal prep here and while I do fine (look at my gut) it is nice when someone else does the honors for a change. I'm more than happy to help clean up the mess, the least one can do. Just getting around to putting the feedbag on now after a bomb session in the garden picking, weeding and spraying. A woman's work is never done I tell ya! :P

On 8/1/2016 at 8:32 PM, smurfy said:

lil late fer good morning but figured id drop in been busy busy!!!!!!!! nott much time  to play on puter! busy getting stuff at home done. today and tomorrow in red wing. wed gotz to be in fargo, thur in Bismarck Friday home. 

Ayup....;)

tansmurf.gif

25 minutes ago, Ufatz said:

Willing to wager I am the only guy here who has been caught in a buffalo stampede. 

I'll take you up on that wager how much you want to pony up? I have had close encounters too close for comfort. I have backpacked in to some far off areas in the badlands well off the beaten path and woke up with nostrils breathing at my tent door.

And there is always a few news stories a year by some moron that gets roughed up by a buffalo here in South Dakota for getting to close.

R'drave:

Well, you've been close enough, no question.  But have you been caught in the middle of a stampede with fifty or sixty  2-ton beasts crashing through the trees and brush around you!  Or, in another instance, having them bumping and moving your truck as you  just sat there helplessly? And another time, back in my AK days, standing in the dark, doing what a guy naturally does after six or seven beers, and suddenly the herd that was sleeping where you are standing gets up and GOES!  Lemme tell ya, THAT is a paralyzing experience!  Ha Ha Ha.  I don't mind being around them, at a reasonable distance, but having them running crazy all around ya is not for the faint of heart.

I commend you for your experiences and hereby crown you with your new Sioux name,  Sleeps With Buffalo!  Ha Ha Ha!

Now, now, this is a family show Ufatz! :lol: Good morning! Had a close encounter with the wildlife in my backyard last night meself. Nothing 4-legged but some unexpected feathered friends that had not frequented the yard. Check it out over in the Bird Watching threads once we get it posted. Weren't exotic but was surprised to see them trooping around that close to the house. Got a lot of garden weeded last night after chores (yer string beans are looking good smurfy!), sprayed for grass where it's been too wet to till as well cabbage worms on the flowering kale. LGW's fell off them like maggots. I was wringing wet by dark last night so had to get in the house before the mosquitoes dragged me off into the weeds. Warm one today folks so keep that water bottle handy or better yet, just stay in the AC. :)

The cranes were back this morning in the neighbor's hay field south of our pasture. Even Mrs. Cheviot was impressed. She'd heard them before but hadn't seen them. They scared the sheep and that's what made me look to see what had made them bolt. Anyway, waiting to see if we're going to get any rain today. The first wave pretty much dissipated before it got here. Sounds like early afternoon maybe.