• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Our power was out from 3:30 until around 11:00. Duluth is a real mess with a lot power outages all over. I have never seen so many signal lights out. SIL house had a tree take their power mast right off the house, What a mess with lots of trees down everywhere.

Sad news, too....

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4207388.shtml?cat=10151

Sorry to hear about the mess and your guys power/situation. Been there, done that too many times. Hope they have it back on by now. It's always seems to be during the hottest or coldest days, too.  Good luck, fellers.   :mad:

Morning forum fellas, sitting in porch at the cabin watching the rain come down hard. We've had so much out here that the boat lift and dock need to be moved. Hoping to do some pork steaks tonight over a fire but we'll see if the rain and skeeters will let me.  On the bright side the crappies and sunnies are attacking my beetle spin off the dock. Stay dry gents!!

Pouring like a cow here...2 1/2" in the last 2 hours, and still roaring down. intense lightning and wind, hang on boy's, we're gettin' whacked.....Warnings just put out. Batten down the hatches......

54 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Morning forum fellas, sitting in porch at the cabin watching the rain come down hard. We've had so much out here that the boat lift and dock need to be moved. Hoping to do some pork steaks tonight over a fire but we'll see if the rain and skeeters will let me.  On the bright side the crappies and sunnies are attacking my beetle spin off the dock. Stay dry gents!!

If ya get a good head of apple smoke going first, like ya always SHOULD when doing pig steaks, the skeetamo's will scoot, boober!!!  Don't forget the green tops and to make some quick garlic toast with those! :P

Dats always fun when the panfish are liking to chase when casting off the dock. Easier to get at the refreshments that way. Got the first batch out of here and can hear thunder again. A tad over an inch so far. Looks like it will move through in waves for a while. No hay baling today boys and girls.  

WARNINGS just went out. We're flooded. Streets under water and a few impassable. Whitewater state Park is under. Olmsted county is (Us). Two more inches of rain coming this afternoon. O friggin' joy; here we go. Battle stations. Sure glad I'm no longer on duty. I can play my siren though.....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........:D

Too busy...lotsa yard work, tearing out chain link fencing and posts, re-leveling with dirt, re-seeding, and had to mow the acreage in this heat with the new red rocket. Sure do like that built in drink holder and springy seat!  Why aren't you making yer pickled blueberries? :/

Bissy, bissy, bissy...had to make a management decision yesterday: Do I till the garden or just spray it with glyphosate? Opted to till it and got what I could. Amazing how after being practically weed free back on the 4th, it was a solid mat of lambsquarters, waterhemp and pigweed with a little foxtail and crabgrass thrown in for laughs. Still be a lot of hand weeding in spots although I got the lion's share of it. At least I fed the mosquitoes. :)

1 hour ago, Dotch said:

Bissy, bissy, bissy...had to make a management decision yesterday: Do I till the garden or just spray it with glyphosate? Opted to till it and got what I could. Amazing how after being practically weed free back on the 4th, it was a solid mat of lambsquarters, waterhemp and pigweed with a little foxtail and crabgrass thrown in for laughs. Still be a lot of hand weeding in spots although I got the lion's share of it. At least I fed the mosquitoes. :)

Is this a Del approved procedure? Wait...that almost sounds like his yard......:grin:

Evening gents, it's been and up and down kinda day. Started out not too bad, was asked to jump in a big rig and go fetch some much needed product and boy do I miss driving, what the ladies are wearing nowadays can almost put one in the ditch ;). On the not so brighter side I had steaks planned out for tonight which were thawing in the fridge, the Mrs decided they needed counter top time to thaw,  well when I got home they were past room temp and we're pretty much garbage,  egg sandwiches had to do..:cry: