• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm riding this weekend

LoonASea

There is Dixies  just down the road from where we park ,,the shelters have fire rings but not much wood for the fire that I can remember ,,,Im thinkin limit our stops and get to the Trestle shortly after 11 ish  have a bite and discuss trail conditions and our next route,,,Im topped off so I can ride for 180 miles before I have to worry about gas ,,,Walleyehooker you should be about the same ,,,,Them dang 2strokes will need to think about gas at the 100 mile mark

27 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

Any place else to stop and eat along the trail? Or maybe try to avoid the around noon rush. If you were serious about the hot dogs I have a one burner coleman stove and a pot I could bring along.

Even have some good skin on dogs in the freezer

First off! You cook weenies in the woods on a cut stick over an open fire! Boiled is for the ball park and kids! :/

The other place that isn't bad to eat is the 4 Seasons in Finland right below where the trail hits and the gas station. I've had lunch there a few times and it wasn't bad at all. The Trestle train wrecks are good but mainly it's just a fun place to see all the sledders out! ;)

42 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

There is Dixies  just down the road from where we park ,,the shelters have fire rings but not much wood for the fire that I can remember ,,,Im thinkin limit our stops and get to the Trestle shortly after 11 ish  have a bite and discuss trail conditions and our next route,,,Im topped off so I can ride for 180 miles before I have to worry about gas ,,,Walleyehooker you should be about the same ,,,,Them dang 2strokes will need to think about gas at the 100 mile mark

We can sit back and laugh while they are pumping $4 premium in their sleds.

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

We can sit back and laugh while they are pumping $4 premium in their sleds.

Maybe you two can hold hands and rub your 4 stokes while we pump gas ! :P

Edited by leech~~

On 1/15/2016 at 7:24 PM, minneman said:

Sounds fun! Where do you all meet? 

minneman, or anyone else that may want to ride.

For anyone with a GPS. Here are the cords to the Sled parking area off hwy 2 above Two Harbors.  Just show up Jan 30th if you want to ride at 8:30am. The Parking area is about 3-4 miles or so up hwy 2 North out of Two Harbors MN.   :)

N 47 08.901

W 91 39.784

Well, Walleyehooker and I are going to have to keep an eye on the weather. It's freezing rain right now down here. Hopefully the roads will be ok when we head out at 4:30am. 3hours of driving could be slow or bad with glare ice on 35! :(

Well there is still some good snow in Minnesota and we found it! Had a great day of riding on the Northshore with LoonASea, Walleyehooker and Troy. Weather was good but got a bit on the warm side during the mid day but the trails were pretty darn good in most spots. A few icy corners and wet spots but not bad at all and we even found a few deep spots to pull a few of us in. That score was LoonASea 1 with a tug and pull out, and Leech bit it hard with a I got this, I got this "pooop" "I'm going to need a rope on this one" off trail! :blush:

Lot of folks out and the Trestle Inn was hopping as usual. And Yes, LoonASea called it that the 2 cycles had to top off while the 4 cycle boys rested and chatted! :P 

I'm a little bummed that I didn't ever get to try out Walleyehookers new ride. But I may have fallen asleep on that baby! :)

Hope we can get in at least one more ride before the end of the season!

The New SkiDoo Model line up!

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

Edited by leech~~

Nice pics Leech. Glad you found your camera. Was a fun ride and pretty happy with the new sled. Thanks Randy for helping adjust my suspension. I would have let you drive it but maybe not after seeing that last picture. Have to do this again but looks like they will need some more snow up there after this weekend.

Think I still got 4 bars left on the gauge. Enough for another ride. Tightened up my mirrors so they will stay in place and adjusted my brake lever to where I wanted it. Also checked my Garmin GPS and they do have a place for a small chip. Who new? Never had a reason to look before. Going to look for a chip in a little bit. Was a great time other than the 400+ miles to Duluth and back in one day but at least I got the dust off of the sled.

Check VVmapping or Red Pine for more midwest trails for a chip ,,,was tightening the mirrors as easy as I explained ?? ,,,Its so nice when they stay where you place them ,,,I would have run some local trails today but getting snow off the eaves of the roof took a priority ,,,

Yes mirrors were an easy fix. Thanks for the tip. I also just found my map chip I got from RPM a few years ago and it has a micro chip in a SD chip. So I can pull the micro chip and put it in my Garmin unit and should work. Not sure if trails have changed much but should help and will be nice to have them on a bigger screen than my Lowrance H2Oc unit.

Glad you guys had a great ride.  I owed a favor to a neighbor and he picked Saturday for me to repay him, so I was hanging rock and doing a bit of electrical work :cry:

Did put on just over 9 miles on the x-country ski's with the dog, sure was warm out.  Checked the local trail on Sunday and it still hasnt been groomed and was very bumpy/sloppy the little i rode it.

3 hours ago, LoonASea said:

I checked out the reports for the NSST and they got 3-4 inches of snow ,,,Just not sure how far north the snow fell ,,,Im planning to ride just not sure where ,,,any one want to join me???

Can't Grandsons B-Day this weekend and sister is in town from out of state.

Well I got out locally and put 5 miles on some hard packed trail  ,,,checked to see if any snow was cooling my slides and it looked like it just came off the trailer ,,,I turned around and loaded it back up ,,,the Blizzard tour was coming back to Duluth and the trails are in poor condition till we get a good dump of snow 

7 hours ago, MN Mike said:
7 hours ago, MN Mike said:

What the heck was that all about ??  I figured your ' hold my beer and watch this ' moments were behind you... :grin:

Great pics!!!

Mike

I was trying to pretend I was out West with MN Mike! :P

intreessmall2.thumb.png.031d1c3837f07087a9dad44f894ff32f.png

Only supposed to get up to 5 tomorrow but gonna head out from the house and check out the local trails late morning tomorrow.

We got about 4" of snow this week and I saw the groomers on the city spur yesterday while I was x-country skiing.  Hoping they did the whole loop.

Going to run west from Cloquet to Cromwell and then SE towards Moose Lake then hit the Munger trail back to home.   Will try to post pic's ( I know Leech will be asking :grin: ) and a report tomorrow night.

B-ball tournament in Rice Lake, Sconnie this weekend so no riding for me......... 

1 hour ago, Xplorer said:

Only supposed to get up to 5 tomorrow but gonna head out from the house and check out the local trails late morning tomorrow.

We got about 4" of snow this week and I saw the groomers on the city spur yesterday while I was x-country skiing.  Hoping they did the whole loop.

Going to run west from Cloquet to Cromwell and then SE towards Moose Lake then hit the Munger trail back to home.   Will try to post pic's ( I know Leech will be asking :grin: ) and a report tomorrow night.

B-ball tournament in Rice Lake, Sconnie this weekend so no riding for me......... 

Have fun and don't get lonely! :)