• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Custer State Park

Big Dave2

Anyone here ever travel out to the Black Hills area and camp at Custer State Park? I am trying to plan a trip for next summer and it looks like there are multiple campgrounds withing the park. Anyone have an opinion on one campground vs. another? Any recommendations on specific camp sites?

We stayed there 4 years ago we rented one of the small cabins its like $40 a night has AC and power 3 a set of bunk beds and a small double I believe. Pretty cool place has a fire pit out front of it we were toward the back side so we could see some buffalo walking around at sunset. Don't remember which campground we were at though.

You will have an awesome time Dave. My son, DIL and the grandkids went out there for a week the week before last and from the photo's they showed us, looks like they had one heck of a time.

Son said the closing show at the Monument was awesome. Sounded like Custer park was a lot of fun along with everything they saw and did.

You will have an awesome time Dave. My son, DIL and the grandkids went out there for a week the week before last and from the photo's they showed us, looks like they had one heck of a time.

Son said the closing show at the Monument was awesome. Sounded like Custer park was a lot of fun along with everything they saw and did.

Sounds great! I know I can hardly wait to get there!

Can't remember where we stayed but my wife almost woke up the whole campground when she screamed getting out of the camper in the morning and having a few Buffalo between her and the restroom! laugh

we stayed at blue bell last year. great place! will stay there again if we go back. pop up camper. 20 E Great location to see lots of wildlife and not to far to the main attractions. About 2 miles to a dandy wildlife drive. google it to see the campground map. deer, goats, antelope and buffalo on the hill side and sometimes thru the camp. Jewel Cave is close by also.

full-27930-48606-1002831_102013999285823

full-27930-48607-1069429_102014053326374

full-27930-48608-1004630_102014053327574

full-27930-48609-63606_10201399938902586

We've stayed at Blue Bell and Legion Lake campground. Liked Legion Lake the best. It gets hotter than blazes out there in the summer, so the legion lake campground is perfect. It has the lake with a beach right accross the road. Sylvan Lake campground is cool to. They all have walking trails around the lakes also. Legion and Blue Bell are right on the main loop where-as Sylvan Lodge takes some back roads to get to all scenic drives though. Great vacation place.