• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Offseason

archerystud

Certainly with the talent now on the roster koivu can play a role more suited for him like you say RK.

He is a solid player at both ends but when he was the guy we counted on to score he just wasn't that guy. Playing a role to shut down other top lines is far better for him than counting on him to lead a line to the scoring IMO.

He's effective when put in the right position and not set up to fail.

I'm more cooled off the trade him talk now due to what other players we have now. I say keep him to maintain depth.

At 7 yrs $47.25 Million he should be more than having a defensive role of shutting other lines...if we could find a "sucker of a team" to take him we should dump him ASAP IMO...his stock will go down every year going forward and would much rather have that $$ to sign younger/better players....just sayin.

Koivu was on pace for 68 points last year, that would put him in the top 15 among centers for scoring. He does seem to have an injury here or there but really his offensive production is pretty darn good. Last year 19th in scoring among centers. Year before injured again but on pace for a top 15 finish in points.

Remember its not the 80's any more, only 4 centers broke 80 points last year, if you can get close to or above 70 points you are elite.

Does signing Jordan Schroeder do anything for anybody?

Pretty much what everyone else said, good depth signing. Slot him in on the 3rd line no if any of Haula Granlund Koivu go down and we should be ok. He's still pretty young too so you never know but odds of him breaking out now are pretty low.

Koivu was on pace for 68 points last year, that would put him in the top 15 among centers for scoring. He does seem to have an injury here or there but really his offensive production is pretty darn good. Last year 19th in scoring among centers. Year before injured again but on pace for a top 15 finish in points.

Remember its not the 80's any more, only 4 centers broke 80 points last year, if you can get close to or above 70 points you are elite.

Koivu "Love Fest" still in Full Swing...Join in!

At first Shroeder saw a lot of PP time in Vancouver. I think his first year he had quite a few points on the PP. I could see him potentially helping out a #2 PP unit if there were injuries to our top guys. He does have a heckuva quick release with some sniper to him. But he isnt going to beat out any of the guys currently filling the top two lines for sure on the Wild, but could see some spot duty.

Tuch is impressive. A young charlie coyle IMO. Strong on skates on puck and is back checking well. Every time he was on the ice the puck found him or he found it. Like what I see in him. Oloffson kinda ho hum on him. He passes and catches the puck like he's got a pillow wrapped around it. Made some nice saucer passes but he doesn't appear to be much of an offensive minded dman.

Folin looks like a heady player as well. I missed the one game he played in at the end of the season, but I can see why he was so sought after as a free agent. Granted he is much older than many of the kids out there (all but 4 of them were born after I graduated HS LOL) but I could see him stepping in pretty quickly.

Oloffson is going to need some time. He passes the puck extremely well. You do not hear the loud slap when he catches or makes a pass at all. Dumba seems to have stone hands.

Dumba had a nice setup in front of the net where he got a nice feed and blasted a one-timer right into the chest of the goalie. Do not need more of those guys. Its not about just hammering a shot, but you have to direct it.

Goal tending was terrible to say the least. Kahkonen looks the sloppiest last night. There were so many goals that just trickled in. I know its early. There was really no semblance of order out there, but goal tending was not a strong suit. Kahkonen I believe was the only guy drafted by the team, the others were invites. Gustaffson was not there.

My eyes were always glued to Tuch. Wasnt hard to do because he always found the puck on either end of the ice. Will be fun to see him develop. BC has a star there I think.

I was actually surprised at how many people were there. About half of the lower bowl was packed. I am terrible at guessing, but I would imagine there were a couple thousand people there. Pretty impressive IMO.

Leipold was sitting upstairs with a couple others. One I believe was the head of scouting, I couldnt tell who the other two guys were. Needless to say I looked over there when a series of two weak goals were let in on that end of the rink and he didnt look too impressed. :-)

Its great to have ownership that wants to win and any level. You can tell he is committed to putting a winning product out there and I thought it was great to see him there taking it in.

We inked Zucker. Hope we find someone in our home grown D to step up. We need to find a hard edge. Unless Cooke finally found a spine and stops the turtle dance, we will need a player that will stand up for the team and Cooke's occasional antics.

Fonzi is back. 2 year deal with $2M. I think that is a good deal. He was in a pretty good negotiating spot because of his production, so to get him for that little amount of money is good IMO.

Now we need Nino and Kuemper done.

Next couple days should be busy.