• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Boat Value

wallyeye

It looks like I am going to have to part with my boat and I haven't been able to find anything comparable to help price it on the list or anywhere.

Let me know what you guys think a fair price is.

1999 1750 Fish Hawk Side Councel, 1999 Johnson 90hp

Includes: Removable Passenger Counsel, Wave wackers, Vantage 80 rear trolling motor, bow mount minkota, sonar built into bow for bow mount trolling motor, lowrance 3500c gps, lowrance X102C sonar, netting on each side of bow for extra storage, 3 batteries, and built in 3 bank on-board charger

I am the second owner of this boat and have all manuals)

I can attach a couple of pictures but I have no idea how.

Thanks in advance guys.

click the fifth icon from the left with a brown shape and a blue arrow. follow the prompts to browse for, select, add picture. do until you are done adding and then so indicate.

One way to find out value is to look on that list by the guy craig and for various areas, like the twin cities and search for boats like yours. See what they are asking.

The ones I saw, of various years and models, looked to be in the 9-12,000 range. There was a really nice looking one for 13.

Fishhawk has a good reputation and is a desirable boat. A 1999 is 15 years old. If the boat is in excellent shape exterior/interior, the motor looks clean and has been regularlly serviced (you have to prove it), and trailer has little rust with good tires and tread would say 50% of retail of a similar new boat. You can adjust the price down from there for condition issues. Used add on equipment helps when selling a boat, but unless it is near new and the latest technology look for 25% to 40% of then new price. Make sure you spend some time cleaning and making it look the best possible. A spit-shined boat can equate to a quick sale.

I know your looking for the value of your boat, but it looks like an ad so your post might get smoked. You might want to list it on the FM classifieds.

Thanks for all the replies.

You guys pretty much nailed it for me.

Could anyone tell me how to delete my post.

I am not quite ready to sell it until I can get it out of storage and de-winterized.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks Del,

Like I said, my questions were answered and I don't want to stir up any problems with my post.

your original post doesn't need to be deleted. your best bet would be to list it in the HSO classified and or on the C List when you get ready to sell.

I'd say a reasonable selling price would be around $10k, I highly doubt you'll get the 12-13 that some people may be asking, the smaller two stroke carb motor is going to hurt the resale.

I recommend taking that trolling motor off the back and selling it seperaetly, it's highly unlikely you'll find someone who'll pay you the extra money it's worth.

Let us know how it goes and good luck with the sale, with the long winter and home values on the up I think it's going to be a crazy spring for boat sales.

your insurance company should also be able to give you a fair price

I would have a hard time using the words fair price and insurance company in the same sentence with out a negative slant

I don't know if I would want to take the vantage out since the wavewackers are built to fit around it. If the vantage wasn't there, there would be a open spot in the wavewacker that water could come in.

One other question for you guys:

I owe money on this boat so I am wondering how that would work to settle up with the bank. (To release the lien card)

Can I have the buyer go with me to the bank so that the money is paid and a bill of sale is made for them?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, here are a couple more pics that I found of the boat. full-3619-43794-472266_r1_17_9_018.jpg

full-3619-43795-472266_r1_22_4_023.jpg

About five years ago I got a very well maintained '98 1750 Fish Hawk with an Evinrude 115, two depth finders (dash and bow), custom snap cover, a bow TM, trailer, and the usual boat stuff (seats, fire extinguisher, etc.) and I paid about $9500 for it. Aren't they the sweetest looking boat out there (I may be slightly prejudiced though)?

That looks like a nice clean boat. I'm betting it will sell quickly. Remember price it fair, but at a nice starting price. Be willing to negotiate a little. You also have a clean garage which speaks to me that you take care of your stuff. I've looked at boats before where I had to wade through mud and take a look at uncovered boats with last falls leaves rotting in the bottom or had to unload all the bicycles, camping equipment and Christmas decorations that were stacked up in and around the boat for sale. They didn't make a sale to me.

You will need to payoff the loan first to have the loan released. Make sure you get cash or a bank check cut off the bank's account. Personal checks are not good until they clear and sometimes they don't which can be a big problem. If the buyers bank is going to want a security interest they will need the title prior to issuing the loan. Talk to your banker to find out how best to handle the transaction.

There is a 2003 1850 on that c right now for $9,600 also very clean looking. Man, I wish I had some extra cash around when you pull the trigger on this! My 95 Starcraft is just feeling a little old! smile

It's a dual console with only a 115 on it. I'd pass. Kinda underpowered if you ask me. 150 is max HP with 115 listed as minimum. I don't like minimum when I have to get somewhere in a hurry (like out of an oncoming storm). Personally, I don't like dual consoles because you can't lay your rods on the deck and I really don't care about whoever has to sit on the port side. For me a 1750SC Fish Hawk with a 115-125 (depending on model year) cannot be beat as a solid all-around boat. Especially for bow space. I suppose I could live with an 1850SC.

I did see an OK looking '04 1850SC with a 150 Suzuki on the list of C for $12,800 in Leroy, MN (bad photography probably made the boat look worse that it is). That would be worth a look. Probably able to talk it down some.

It's a dual console with only a 115 on it. I'd pass. Kinda underpowered if you ask me. 150 is max HP with 115 listed as minimum. I don't like minimum when I have to get somewhere in a hurry (like out of an oncoming storm). Personally, I don't like dual consoles because you can't lay your rods on the deck and I really don't care about whoever has to sit on the port side. For me a 1750SC Fish Hawk with a 115-125 (depending on model year) cannot be beat as a solid all-around boat. Especially for bow space. I suppose I could live with an 1850SC.

Raider, my boat's not a dual console and isnt a 115. The max rating is 115 and it has a 90.

Well i talked to a banker about the loan and he told me that i would have to bring the buyer into the bank. The buyer would give the bank the money for the boat. The banker would fill out a lien release form, fax it into their loan office, the loan office would then send the new clear title to the buyer in the mail.

I would of course fill out a bill of sale for the buyer as well.

Would this be a deal breaker for anyone?

I haven't sold anything with a lean in a long time. If I was buying, which I'm not, I might be turned off by that process. My reasoning is that I have the physical title to my boat. My bank does not hold the title. They are listed as a lean holder but I hold the piece of paper.

When it is paid off my bank sends me a lean release. At that point it is up to me to get a new title if I want to.

As an example, I held the physical title for my truck. When it was paid off the bank sent me a lean release. I keep the lean release with the title should I ever sell the truck. I suppose I could go pay for a new title without the bank listed as leanholder but I'm cheap and would rather not spend that money.

Same thing with my boat. I have the physical title. If I were to sell it I would get the lean release from the bank. Hand the buyer the lean release and the title at the time of the sale and let them register the title under their name.

We sold my wife's car like this last year.

I would be uncomfortable enough paying for something today with a promise to receive the title at a later date that I would pass.

On the flip side, as a seller, I am much more comfortable making transaction at the buyers bank. That way I know the funds are real and won't get yanked from my account after a couple days and after the boat is gone.