• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Chase System?

LMITOUT

Word started leaking out Friday evening that Nascar is considering a new system for making the Chase and then ultimately deciding a champion, turning it into more of a sudden death playoff setup with 16 cars starting the Chase and whittling it down to 4 by the last race of the Chase.

The initial 16 cars would be set by wins. If there aren't 16 cars with wins then the field is filled with the remaining cars with the most points.

After three Chase races the bottom 4 cars are eliminated. This then happens two more times so by the last race of the Chase there are only four cars left and points are reset to make it "sudden death" type race where the car that gets the most points in that last race wins the Championship.

Thoughts?

Looks to me like they're trying to make it like the other major big name sports with play off systems, with the big difference being that those that have been eliminated still get to play but can't be the champion.

IMO what they are talking about doing is a poor idea. 1 race on what ever type of track to decide the best driver for the year is a joke. Why not just say the champion is who wins the Daytona 500, or the winner at Bristol in the fall?

Keep the 12 driver format, run the 10 races, throw out the lowest point race for each driver and name a champion.

I guess NASCAR figures they had to change the way the Chase has been ran as of late as many complained about it, the fan's that is. Now they will change it again and then the same thing, we do not like it.

I would rather see them go back to the way it use to be but that won't happen, I was fine with the new Chase way but now, I guess another change, I do not really care for this one but so be it.

trying to

post but this

is all

the room

i have cuz

the pop-up is the way

i don't get exactly how its going to work

but I think they need to maybe change up the schedule

so the races are not jj best tracks which i dunno if that will help

but i think they road course in there and maybe bristol to

it isn't a stick and ball sport so I guess why try to make it one

maybe change the rules some how that money isnt the primary source of winning make the cars less arrow some how get back to raceing instead if wind tunnel technology or maybe they cant do that either

I'm glad I'm not NASCAR cuz they have a tough job to make fans happy

and I think the attendance shows they are not pleasing alot 0f folks

I know alot of that goes to the hotlel rip offs

they peaked and now are struggling ...have at it didnt seem to fill the stands ,all though they greedy and put up so many seats that every track looks empty now ....but i guess i'm fan probably always will be

I came up with this kick butt idea.

Have all the cars run every race.

Award points for each place from first to last in every race.Maybe throw in some points for taking the pole or leading the most laps.

At the end of the season, the car with the most points is the champion.

Then let the sport stand on it's own merit and quit screwing with it.

I came up with this kick butt idea.

Have all the cars run every race.

Award points for each place from first to last in every race.Maybe throw in some points for taking the pole or leading the most laps.

At the end of the season, the car with the most points is the champion.

Then let the sport stand on it's own merit and quit screwing with it.

Exactly! But that takes all the luck out and replaces it with awarding a champion based on cosistency and skill thus going away from the ultimate goal of the france's....getting lucky and getting JR a championship! laugh Ouhhhhh (rub hands together) think of all the more marketing dollars to be made with Jr the champion merchandise! and lets be honest here it always comes down to money and luck is the only way he will get one so thats what this is all about I dont care what the love-blind Jr nation says whistle they wont stop screwing with the system until he gets one and if that finally happens it will never, ever, ever be changed again EVER for the rest of time! wink

Win one race and in the Chase.

I have no idea why they cannot go back to the way it was in the 1st place. Take the top driver's with the most points and then either call that driver with the most for for the year the Champ, as he is or take the top ones that have done the best all season and then put them in the top for the Chase.

This dump about using 1 driver who gets a bit lucky and then put him in the Chase due to maybe a rain out during the race is a joke.

Now, you could win one race and take last in all the rest and have a terrible season and yet you get rewarded to be in the Chase. The overall best top 10 or 12 maybe not in the Chase unless they win at least 1 race.

This new Chase is a total joke. NASCAR must be really losing fan's to come up with some garbage like this.

Now, you could win one race and take last in all the rest and have a terrible season and yet you get rewarded to be in the Chase. The overall best top 10 or 12 maybe not in the Chase unless they win at least 1 race.

Good point, Harv.

You would think the "thinkers" that came up with this new point system would have thought about that.

I think they want to get more of the average teams in the Chase and if a few good tewm's get some bad luck, they could miss out.

Would guess that it would help the smaller teams out in regards to sponsors to maybe get into the Chase instead of the same team's all the time.

I say, take the top point team's and put them in. Better yet, take the total point's for the entire season and find your top 10 that way and that's it, you score the most points over the season and you are the Champ.

All they do is make it worse every year. NASCAR is getting to be a joke.

What I really don't understand is winner take all in the last race among the 4 eligible cars. A team could have the best season ever and one small bad break in that last race and it's over.

How the "debris" cautions fall in the chase races could be real interesting.

What I really don't understand is winner take all in the last race among the 4 eligible cars. A team could have the best season ever and one small bad break in that last race and it's over.

I suppose one could look at it like any other sport that has a sudden death type tourney format. You could have a perfect season and a star player gets hurt in that final game or you just don't show up to play (Denver Broncos) and you lose. Kinda like the last race before the Chase...remember Richmond last year? That's what they seem to be going for.