• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 bows

Abndoc

Went Elite Hunter on a good deal in Oct this year, I think I am set for 7-10 years but it is always fun to see what is out there.

Bear....how do you like that Hunter? I'm shooting a GT500 right now and was seriously considering looking for a Hunter. Haven't heard too much about them tho.

Bear....how do you like that Hunter? I'm shooting a GT500 right now and was seriously considering looking for a Hunter. Haven't heard too much about them tho.

Shot a lot of bows, at first I wasn't sure about it but the more I shot and compared to others the more I liked it. Almost no vibration at all, it wasn't as quiet as I was hoping for (about the same as my much older bowtech) but seemed to make less noise than the other bows I shot. I was hoping for a bigger improvement in that area but I think the move to lighter and faster bows makes it harder to reduce the noise. Draw cycle is pretty sweet as well.

A lot of folks think the GT500 was one of the best bows Elite has made. While I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the newer models, I don't know if a new one would be a significant upgrade. I will say the 2014 Energy series is supposed to be quieter and more "dead in the hand" due to more parallel limbs. Good luck.

What's next...anyone excited to see what's coming. Still nothing can touch my invasion. Will have to be something pretty sweet to drop the hammer. Black knight all gucci'd up...maybe!!

I am with you there still don't think that there is a bow I like more than my invasion. However if they tun out a carbon version of it then it might be time to upgrade. That is only if they keep the price affordable.

I shot all of the 2014 bows. Came down to the hoyt carbon spyder and the elite energy for me. Shouldn't have been a tough decision but I didn't know much about elite bows. The energy blew every bow I shot out of the water, can't say enough about it. Fast, silent, dead in hand. Best bow I've ever shot.

could some one answer me why bows get release in the middle of hunting season? Like why was the carbon knight released in October? For most states that is in the middle of the season. Personally i do not want to mess my mojo up mid season. yes it is the start of the lull but if i was going to buy the top of the line bow, i would wait in till the end of the season. thoughts??

I couldn't wait any longer. Saved up some coin and bought a Mathews Creed. I've reduced my shot groups from the size of an orange down to a silver dollar. Smooth draw, good back wall, light (3 1/2 pounds) and shoots quiet. I don't even use a stabilizer any more. I'm very happy with my choice.

I couldn't wait any longer. Saved up some coin and bought a Mathews Creed. I've reduced my shot groups from the size of an orange down to a silver dollar. Smooth draw, good back wall, light (3 1/2 pounds) and shoots quiet. I don't even use a stabilizer any more. I'm very happy with my choice.

Is this the new Creed XS you bought or the Creed from last year??

It's a 2013 Creed, as such I was able to get a better price. Don't see much difference in the new one. This one does everything I need it to do and I've been bowhunting for the better part of forty years. My first was a Bear recurve that needed a team of horses to pull it back to full draw.