• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Photo Contest- Archery Pics only please

Scoot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full-30035-40843-thatwayver2.0.jpg

The other night my friend and I sat on some trails entering some standing corn. Deer came out on his trail. He patiently waited for one of them to get within 20 yds and smoked her. We didn't really have to follow blood as his 100 gr. QAD Exodus hit perfectly where it needed to and the deer only made it 30 yds. Though he got the deer, I think I got a cool shot with the camera on my S3. This, I am submitting for non-hero category, obviously.

Non Hero Entries:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/bela0023/IMG_0028.jpg

Picture out of my stand at Ripley this year, I love the color contrasts.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/bela0023/0905131054.jpg

Elk and Mule Deer hunting in Colorado, 11,700 plus feet looking down into a gorgeous basin

Thanks to all for the entries. This week is a mess at work (like last week), but I'll try get things moving in the right direction and get some prize winners announced next week.

OK, this is finally coming together. Here's a run down of the prizes I rounded up.

651470ca-a8e7-48dd-ba6b-199a34590bac_zps

P1030182_zps7ef70d40.jpg

I donated the ScentTote, Jim Gerold (aka. NoWiser) donated the Lansky Bowsharp Blade Sharpener and the two Vexilar hats, DonBo rounded up all of the ScentLok gear (besides the Tote) from the Wildlife Research Center, and Joe and Rick offered offered up the HSO sticker and two $20 gift certificates to the OutdoorProStore. THANKS VERY MUCH TO THE WILDLIFE RESEARCH CENTER, NOWISER, DONBO, RICK, AND JOE FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH THESE DONATIONS!

I will mail out all of the prizes that I have here, except the ScenTote- I'll work with the winner of that to figure out a way to get it to him without either of us having to pay for shipping (if it's possible to do realistically). Joe and Rick have the sticker and gift certificates, so they'll mail them out directly to the winners.

First place, non-hero division: the prize will be the ScentLok Scent Tote.

Second place, non-hero division: Tan Vexilar hat, Scent Killer Body Wash, Scent Killer laundry detergent, and a Scent Free Secrets brochure.

First place, hero division: Lansky Bowsharp Blade Sharpener, black Vexilar hat, HSO sticker, and $20 to the OPS.

Second place, hero division: Scrape Hunting brochure, Scent Killer dryer sheets, Scent Killer anti-perspirant, Scent Killer spray bottle and refill bottle, $20 to OPS.

I'll get the winners posted later today or tomorrow.

Just a reminder about how the prize winners are selected. First, I have nothing to do with the selection. Second, an HSO photo expert was kind enough to go through all of the photos and rank the top three in the hero and non-hero divisions. Next, two buddies of mine who have photography expertise and lots of outdoor hunting experience reviewed the selections and gave their input, making slight tweaks to the selections based on their opinions. Lastly, I went through the prizes I'd acquired and decided to have first and second places in both divisions- I didn't get quite as many prizes this year compared to last year, so I dumped the 3rd place in both divisions. Next year I'll get more prizes earlier, so 1st - 3rd are covered in all three categories (hopefully).

So, with all that covered- here are the prize winners of the 2013 HSO Archery Photo Contest. Congrats to them!!!

First place, non-hero division winner is NoWiser with the pic below.

full-28108-38383-p1010169.jpg

Second place, non-hero division goes to dukhnt for the pic below.

IMGP2057-001_zps5febfcb9.jpg

First place, hero division winner is Archerysniper with the pic below.

full-28877-38362-20130824_151735.jpg

Second place, hero division goes to slimngrizzly.

full-14474-40864-2013wibow4x6web.jpg

I'll contact each of the prize winners via PM tomorrow and make arrangements to get them their prizes. Thanks to all of you who participated!