• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad, bad game again last night aginst the Kings. Two goals on their first two shots. Backstrom looked like it was his first time ever playing goalie. Hope they can put this 3 game slide away when they play Columbus. We should be peaking right now and it seems we are regressing. Only 12 games left before the playoffs.

Pominville looked pretty good last night. Guys has a great shot, but you could tell that there is going to be an adjusting period skating with Koivu and Parise. When they would show shots of the bench those three were always talking, so it will come. What other team in the NHL has a first line that is made up of 3 NHL Captains?

I don't get why they played backstrom on back to back nights, they were saying during the game "you need to have your best players on the ice to get out of this funk", but Backs has been in net for most of it and it showed. Kuemper came in and did pretty good so hopefully that will build some confidence in him with the coaches.

Our D must have played pretty good as we only allowed 14 shots but 3 of them did go in. cry

Pominville looked pretty good last night. Guys has a great shot, but you could tell that there is going to be an adjusting period skating with Koivu and Parise. When they would show shots of the bench those three were always talking, so it will come. What other team in the NHL has a first line that is made up of 3 NHL Captains?

You could definitely see that they were feeling each other out on the ice to figure out where they would be. Nice pass by Pominville to Koivu in front of the net, that unfortunately didnt make it through, but great play otherwise.

On a side note, I didnt notice Stoner as much last night, so that must be a good thing.

Looked like a very tired hockey team last night, and one that badly needs a practice or two to get back on the same page. Look at their schedule the last two weeks and it's understandable. Not too worried - this is a good team, and I'd rather have a good team playing badly than a bad team just being what it is. But man oh man do they look like they need to catch their breath for a day or two.

The Wild has always paid a price for their crazy travel, but with a compressed schedule it's that much worse this season. Makes me look forward to realignment even more... Be nice to not be the walking dead at work myself the next morning... tired

Yep time to rest these guys, man we looked like there was lead in our skates. Like Pominville, you can see the skill there, just going to take a little while for those guys to figure each other out. Hope the Wild can right the ship soon or we could swoon right out of the playoffs.

Never thought I would miss Cullen so bad, guy is having a great year.

I heard something interesting yesterday from Russo that said the wild are close to the cap right now and that is probably playing into fewer call ups. I didn't realize they were close but apparently this will free up in coming days when roster expands due to playoffs nearing.

10mil opens up next year between Backs and PMB. Seto is another 3mil. They have some space next year, especially if they buy out Heater. It would be nice to resign Backs for 2mil or so.

Hopefully Backs can keep up his point streak after being pulled. We fell to 6th in the 3 game slide. A win tonight puts us in 3rd I believe. As of right now, we would play VAN in the playoffs. Good match IMO.

I'd like to see more Zucker too, kid just has it. Never should have been sent down in the first place.

I saw somewhere that the Pominville trade had a few interesting details. Buffalos is paying part of his salary this year(pro-rated) and next year for about 900K. They are also taking on ALL of his cap hit next year so we have a little wiggle room next season.

What a difference. Looked like a totally different team last night. Guess the couple days of rest made a difference. Guys were flying around, moving the puck and played like an all around playoff team. Hopefully they can keep it up and run the table in the playoffs!!!!

Looked like a totally different team last night, and did my heart good to see Gaborik held off the score sheet. Was never a fan...

How good was Charlie Coyle last night? Guy is just a horse along the walls. Man o man did we get a good one there.

Could really start to see the first line getting comfortable together too. They'd start a long cycle in the O zone and I was sitting there thinking "Wow, never seen this from guys in a Wild uniform before..."

Going to be an exciting sprint to the finish. If playoffs started today, we'd get the Nucks in the first round... Actually the whole first round would be awesome. Chicago/Detroit, MN/Vancouver, St Louis/Anaheim, San Jose/LA. That sounds like quite a first round to me...

How good was Charlie Coyle last night? Guy is just a horse along the walls. Man o man did we get a good one there.

Agreed!!!

I was down on him earlier this year, but he has sure stepped it up. One area he needs to improve on is his goal celebration. I cheered when he scored, but then went "Dangit" as I thought he missed the net or something after seeing him skate behind the net. Only to see his teammates come and crash him in the corner.

It was funny because the announcers even said something. LOL

Nice win last night, lets get a few more and seal up a playoff spot. I sure wouldn't mind taking the division from the Canucks for a change.

Coyle is getting better all the time, and Granlund had a heck of a pass on Coyle goal last night. Hopefully a glimpse of good things to come for those two.

Quote:
I saw somewhere that the Pominville trade had a few interesting details. Buffalos is paying part of his salary this year(pro-rated) and next year for about 900K. They are also taking on ALL of his cap hit next year so we have a little wiggle room next season.

So they take all the cap hit next season? Wow, that's awesome and should make alot of people feel better about the deal. There's your money for a top tier Dman. Now if Backs will take less which I kinda doubt, they buy out Heatley, let PMB go, sign Clutterbuck, Spurgeon and Falk at a decent rate and wait till the last min and see if they want to resign Cullen for hopefully less. And pray that Dumba is NHL ready or at least a call up player.

Oh baby this team could be good next year if they make the right moves.

Next few years should be fun. That extra cap space might even allow us to keep Heatley next year. We all know he is terribly slow but his shot is still lethal and 20+ goal scorers don't grow on trees.