• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a masterpiece by any means, but 2 points is 2 points. Nice to see them win even on a night when they're clearly not at their best. Have to admit though, they're fortunate they had that kind of game against the Coyotes not the Ducks or Canucks or Kings.

Still, winning a game like that is a big change. Previous incarnations of this team would have said "not our night" and folded up the tents in the 3rd period, and lost 4-2. Suter picked a nice time to get his first goal at home. If that guy isn't leading the Norris conversation, something's wrong.

I'll tell you what......Parise is a BEAST! The play he made taking the man and letting Koivu get the puck for Suters goal was great. Right there for the winner in OT as well. Koivu had a great game, and I must admit, I am not the biggest of Koivu fans.

Going to be a fun stretch run into the playoffs. Its like this team if finally realizing that they are good enough to play with and beat the big boys and they are setting out to do just that!

Koivu's winner in front was a statement about this team right now. As Yeo said, "We had a few individuals who said, 'We're not going to lose that game' tonight."

Years before, we wouldn't have said that.

I'll tell you what......Parise is a BEAST! The play he made taking the man and letting Koivu get the puck for Suters goal was great. Right there for the winner in OT as well. Koivu had a great game, and I must admit, I am not the biggest of Koivu fans.

Going to be a fun stretch run into the playoffs. Its like this team if finally realizing that they are good enough to play with and beat the big boys and they are setting out to do just that!

+1

7 shots on goal for Parise....he is so focused it is incredible and like you; I was not a Koivu fan early on but it looks like he has realized he needs to step up his game just to complement Parise....I still think they could upgrade on the right side and get Coyle off that line put him on another line and push out the weakest link down below. Look at Penguins...picked up Morrow and Iginla in the same week and they already were loaded!

The pens are at their peak right now, they are moving youth for veterans. The way I see it, they have this year and maybe next for a cup, then we'll see the downswing of the cycle.

We are young, but have the vet leadership to grow the right way. I'd rather see us develop the guys we have into a Cup contender than try to bring in FAs or trade into it.

Oh yeah, Parise makes those around him better. Koivu looks like a real threat when people have to look out for Parise on that line too. Add in the secondary scoring we're getting and you can see why the wins are stacking up.

I've never understood the Koivu haters. Guy hasn't changed his game much from this year to any other - he's a monster on the puck and plays a 200 foot game. There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't take him in a second.

His main problem in the past is he's had plow horses on either side of him. Up until last year you can't say he's had a legit NHL first line to play with very often. If you doubt how valuable he's been even then, look at their W/L record with and without him in the lineup the last few seasons.

Ischioler - does your mom know you're using the computer?

I've been watching some eastern conference games and I have to say that I think the Wild are still a middle of the road team maybe a little better but not at the same level of Chi, Ana, Pitt, Boston, Habs. But with that said, I think we can squeak into the playoffs and maybe wreak some havok in the first round on someone. Next year if we make some good moves and sign the right contracts for the right amounts, we can get a little better.

My power rankings put MN at about 10th. behind, Chi, Pitt, Ana, Habs, Bos, Van, LA, Ott, Det, Min

And on Koivu, I don't think there's a team in the NHL that wouldn't want him on their team.

I feel like the squad kind of bailed out Backy. He looked a little erratic on a couple of those goals given up. That was a great dramatic win at home and like others have stated - a game that the "old" Wild team would have definitely lost. I liked Cullen's goal where he batted the puck out of the air and put it in the open net from his sliding knees.

I still stick by my original expectations for this season - a freakishly long training camp to get the new guys into the system, get the kids some experience at the NHL level, and get some playoff experience for a roster that is very light on it beyond a few veterans, especially on the blue line. If we get a little playoff run out of the deal, great, but this season to me is still about the future. Sure looks good so far.

Beyond that, anything else is a bonus IMHO...

do the wild even play the jets this year? looks like next year we can start the rival, as we will be in the same division.

wait....didn't winnipeg have a team many years ago? then had to leave, for lack of support. laugh