• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must be seeing different things, because I think Coyle is great on that line.

I really like Coyles game a lot, in many ways he works great on that line but if you are playing with Parise and Koivu you need to produce a little more. Coyle has been good but his offensive game isn't fist line material right now. He does show some flashes of being a stud and all the rest of the lines are working right no so there isn't an urgent need to move him off but for some reason that line hasn't been as deadly as they should be.

I really like Coyles game a lot, in many ways he works great on that line but if you are playing with Parise and Koivu you need to produce a little more. Coyle has been good but his offensive game isn't fist line material right now. He does show some flashes of being a stud and all the rest of the lines are working right no so there isn't an urgent need to move him off but for some reason that line hasn't been as deadly as they should be.

I think they are blanketing Parise who IS that line; IMO other than a few loose puck snapshot goals Koivu is not contributing as he should be either, Parise can't carry that line by himself...he flat out needs some better help up there playing against other teams top performers.

Setoguchi sayin I refuse to live off the Parise and Suter glory, time to go create my own. Now no it's not like Tiger Woods who kinda lost himself and now is found (his ex is dating a grandpa for some reason) but tons of athletes hit a lull in their career look at Brodziak, sometimes like last year for him it was right place right time and not so much this season. Think the lesson is a very good player can be lost but also can find themselves. Anyway I'm bored as you can tell or read, the best clip from Detroit was the disbelief seen in their fans after goal # 4. That was priceless, Wing fans just looking dumbfounded. Sure we have some weaknesses, some flaws, but overall the guys are charging out onto the ice each night looking like they're there to win, even Mikko smiled during the game at Detroit ! Now a reunion with forward, I repeat forward Brent Burns and his snakes and stuff.

Have to say Burns looked pretty good as a forward for the Sharks. Great game by the Wild today, kind of a solid 60 minute effort and a fun game to watch with good scoring chances at both ends dispite the low score.

Can't even think of one bad thing to say, Brodz has picked it up a bit, and even Heatly has looked good the past few games. 2nd line finally held off the score sheet but they were very dangerous all game long. Didn't know Mitchell could fight but he did well. I think the team we all wanted after the big signings has finally arrived and then some. 5 game win streak!!!!

Wonder if it would be possible to leave Heatly in Dallas and bring back Jagr? That would be a win win win win for the Wild, clear up a couple mill in cap space before they trade PMB at the deadline, add some offense and defense, bring in playoff experience and clear up $7m and a roster spot next season!!

Wild haven't won in Dallas for 16 games so they may want to make the move before the game!

Definitely nice to have some internal competition for spots up and down the lineup. Big difference from even last season where guys were kind of handed spots.

Good move sending Zucker down I think. Fairly obvious he was kind of out of place on the 4th line, and he'll develop better playing top 2 line minutes in Houston. (Speaking of, Granlund has been good down there since he got sent down- 6 pts in 5 games).

As much as his play has picked up still have to think PMB is on the block. He may be the only roster player they'd move at this point though. Can't think of anyone else on the team they'd want to unload. Cullen has been stellar, Seto is en fuego, even Heately has been effective on the 3rd line.

I could see them losing Seto, but they would have to get something in return. Not a ton, but something. The PMB trade will be for a bag of pucks...possibly sans pucks. He's not of any real value to us, he's in his last year of his contract, he's had health issues and all of the prospective trade partners know this.

I could see them losing Seto, but they would have to get something in return. Not a ton, but something. The PMB trade will be for a bag of pucks...possibly sans pucks. He's not of any real value to us, he's in his last year of his contract, he's had health issues and all of the prospective trade partners know this.

They should have gone after Morrow but the Pens got him....the Pens, one of the leagues best rosters and they are always looking to improve, come on Fletch...make a move....improve the team...don't stop now. Don't see Seto going...he is the bigger bodied goal scorer this team needs another one of. Package PMB, Cullen, and a handful of up and comers in Houston for another teams top 2 goal scorer. Dallas is moving people wanting to get younger...go after Jagr....probably would not take much for him and he can be dumped after the season.

Now that we are making a run at the playoffs I'd say keep Seto and Cullen, they are both looking good.

Dowell and PMB could be trade bait. I wonder if that's why he's getting called up.

Tweak a little...pull the trigger on a major upgrade and make a Run for the Cup!!! Cup in MN is way overdue IMO, no better time than now.

I'd be shocked if the Wild make any big moves this year for 2 reasons:

1) We haven't made the playoffs for a while so this is their year to make it and get these guys some playoff experience.

2) Future goalie situation is sketchy at best. I believe the original plan was to have Harding be the starter after this year. However, they now have 9 days prior to the deadline to see if that is the case OR they may want to sign another bigger name goalie next year which will cost them.

This team is setup for the future and I think the Harding situation puts a big cloud over their goal tending starter next year.

Good point AcheryStud...and they have us right where they want us....filling he "X" with excited fans hoping to just make the playoffs.

Playoffs?.......Playoffs? Go for the Cup! Take advantage of Backstrom while you can and win it this year....they are oh so close to being capable of keeping up with Pens, Blackhawks, Anaheim but not quite there...but could be. Waiting for "the future" or "building for the future" in Pro Sports is an oxymoron IMO.

I think they resign Backs to a couple year contract for 1/3 of what he's making now. He should know that his roll will be a stepping stone to the future, not the permanent #1. By then, maybe Harding works (who knows?) or maybe we get the Hackett/Kuemper tandem. Still lots of time to get the goalie situation figured out.

I'll just say I don't see the Wild making any big moves at the deadline. No reason to trade our young talent before we know what they can become, as good as we are right now if we want to stay good we need that youth to develop.

Why is everyone so apt on making a big move? We have been playing great, and the guys are finally familiar with each others game. No need to mix things up. Even in our losses lately we haven't been getting out played badly, and have had good chances to win. I say let it ride, if you can get something good for PMB (not gonna happen) move him, otherwise continue playing good hockey and winning games. No need to risk our future giving away prospects.

I agree with schmitty. Just play hockey now. We have a chance at the Cup. experience or not. Hockey games really don't change as dramatically in the playoffs as they do in the NBA or NFL. Yes they're more exciting, but you won't see any more goals that don't get scored any other night. Maybe more hitting. Where as basketball.. the whole style changes.