• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are you kidding me?

blue_healer_guy

TRADEMARK, CLASSIC TWINS SIGNING! A has been, washed up, shell of himself player that used to be a semi big name that we sign in the twilight of his career for peanuts and pretend it actually means something to the fan base...

What a bunch of jokers the pohlads are... they must think we're all stupid.

Seriously... why not just once, ONE TIME take all the money you spent up on a dozen turds in free agency and SIGN ONE GOOD PROVEN PLAYER with talent???????

There is absolutely no risk to this signing. If he doesn't work out, you'll never even see him in the majors. If he proves he can still pitch, then we got him for a song.

Relax...

There is absolutely no risk to this signing. If he doesn't work out, you'll never even see him in the majors. If he proves he can still pitch, then we got him for a song.

Relax...

Thats the thing. I can sit here right now and tell ya he CANT still pitch. Just like last year when they signed Zumaya.... he couldnt pitch. This is all the twins EVER do in FA.

Tell me the last big FA they brought in?....you can't because the twins don't go out and sign 10+ million dollar players, until the Pollads sell the team this will be how it is if your not use to it yet might want to cheer for a new team wink

Tell me the last big FA they brought in?....you can't because the twins don't go out and sign 10+ million dollar players, until the Pollads sell the team this will be how it is if your not use to it yet might want to cheer for a new team wink

Thats a great idea! Some people here are harcore fans and if they switched to being Tigers fan we could have some great discussions! Tigers will sign FA, money is no issue.

The Twins simply aren't going to compete with L.A. and New York for the big free agents. Last I checked, there were some fairly small payroll teams in the world series last year. I kind of like the approach Terry Ryan is taking on acquiring pitching this offseason. If you throw enough darts at the board, sooner or later one will stick! Let's face it, this team is a lot more than one big name free agent away from being a contender in 2013.

what team are you guys watching? competitive? theyve lost over 90 games 2 years in a row. The pitching staff has been terrible. Theyve done nothing to improve the pitching staff for 2013 besides sign a couple of national league junk ballers that are more then likely not going to improve the pitching staff even a little- trades MAY help in 2014, 2015.. Maybe one of the phillies guys can help this year. But guess what- If those pitchers they got in the trades ever blow up and become "aces" the twins will part ways with them in the prime of their career when it comes time for them to get paid. Its a complete joke. The got a money pit of a stadium publicly funded to them and promised to increase the payroll because of it. Instead theyve dropped the payroll every year since they moved in. They are basically running a ponzy scheme over there. They HAVE the money to compete with big markets if they would chose to spend it. I cant believe there are still fans that defend the way they run the team.... not me.

what team are you guys watching? competitive? theyve lost over 90 games 2 years in a row. The pitching staff has been terrible. Theyve done nothing to improve the pitching staff for 2013 besides sign a couple of national league junk ballers that are more then likely not going to improve the pitching staff even a little- trades MAY help in 2014, 2015.. Maybe one of the phillies guys can help this year. But guess what- If those pitchers they got in the trades ever blow up and become "aces" the twins will part ways with them in the prime of their career when it comes time for them to get paid. Its a complete joke. The got a money pit of a stadium publicly funded to them and promised to increase the payroll because of it. Instead theyve dropped the payroll every year since they moved in. They are basically running a ponzy scheme over there. They HAVE the money to compete with big markets if they would chose to spend it. I cant believe there are still fans that defend the way they run the team.... not me.

the twins won our division 6 out of the last 10 years. how cannot you back this team, a small market team doing good.

we won the world series in 87 and 91, with the same low payrolls. most people like seeing teams like the twins win over these high market teams, like the yankees and angles, which basically buy the wins. one more reason MLB needs some sort of salary cap.

if you don't care about the twins anymore, thats fine. just don't root for these teams like the yankees or angles, oh and the white sux. grin

we do have ryan back, so we have still been going through the smith signings. it should turn around, hopefully this year.

Not so much the twins, i still root for them. Its the owners. The reason they won so many division titles is the division we play in was PUTRID! That was proven by how many times the twins got swept out. Royals, Indians and Tigers were 3 of the worst teams in baseball and the white sox were ok sometimes.

Heading into this season this team has little pitching, no short stop (pretty important) no second baseman, and no one to play center field. Dont say i didnt warn ya when they lose 90 games for the 3rd year in a row.

I believe there is a salary cap in MBL. The problem is the punishment isn't high enough to deter NY, LA and the other big market teams that make way more money on their TV deals then tickets. I would like to see them have to pay the fines/penalty for going over and have to play, if they make the playoffs with a team under the salary cap.

In the NHL if a team is over the cap, They can only have enough players per game play so that they remain under the cap. So if you have to play with 15 to get under the cap that is what you have to do.

Knoppers - The twins really aren't a "small market" team anymore. Not trying to pick an argument or anything but that term is a bit outdated. "Winning the Twins way" is starting to become a bit of an old phrase too. As is "battling their tails off".

Saying the Twins are competitive because they won their division 6 out of the last 10 years is like when my trust guy says he has made me money 6 out of the last ten years. Thats great pal, can anyone give me a ride to the welfare office?

The Twins will need another September to Remember to avoid 100 losses in 2013.