• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

charging glow jigs

genzbug

I bought a few of these uv flashlights for $1 each at axman 2 winters ago. They work soooooooo much better than the standard LED flashlight I used to use and they are the size of a tube of chapstick. They use watch batteries, but I bought a 20 pack of the batteries at axman for $1 as well. Love that place!

full-34532-27872-photo.jpg

UV all the way, made our own with UVLED's off fleabay and a small tube of PVC pipe a switch and a 9 volt. Drilled holes and mounted a bunch of LED's pointing into the tube. Drop the lure in push the switch and bingo nice and bright. If you get a UV flashlight walk around the house in the dark and see what lights up. you see things in a different light...pun intended.

Just remember UV is bad for your eyes, so don't stare at it. I think if it's < 395nanometer wavelength it's bad for the eyes.

Ferny.

for those using camera flashes, heres a tip you may or may not know. Cover the flash with tim foil, poke a hole in the foil for the jig to fit in, and then flash the jig. You have minimal light escaping ( less blinding to ur partner wink ) AND that extra light also goes back to the jig rather than escaping which = LONGER GLOW time !!

This will be my third year using this from Northland. Checked it a few weeks ago and still going strong. Well worth the 6/7 bucks? I paid for it. Easily and just sits in the tackle box. That power flash looks pretty sweet though.

full-27018-27806-screenshot2012_12_16at1

Been using one of these for the last 4 or 5 years works great. I also put black lights in my portable this year for this exact reason.

Black light (UV)will be best way to charge. Inversely the brightness and length of glow depends on the color of the glow. Red=longer but less bright due to longer wavelength. ROYGBIV= Remember that from school? Uv is to the left of R(red). Uv light is invisible to us. Fish are believed to see uv.