• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRAIL REPORTS

leech~~

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally back to the computer after 2.5 days of riding in the Walker, Nevis, Akeley region. We put about 200+ miles on and one broken down sled and I only had to change one plug on mine so over all just about a perfect weekend (sarcastic). All serious, the weekend was really awesome, the trails were good to almost perfect. Ton of traffic on Saturday which was expected but come Sunday only saw two groups and had almost the whole trail system to ourselves with the blizzard in full swing by 11am. At some point going just north of Nevis the snow was coming down so hard I couldn't see the trail, literally couldn't see 50 yards in front of me but the trails were marked exceptionally well. As we got closer to Walker on our way back from Nevis we did some boondocking and the snow was really getting deep to the point if you got into a deep drift pocket a short track would have gotten stuck. As we worked our way back we crossed from Erickson public access (walker bay) and round sand point my brothers sled skidoo had some "malfunction" issues and I had to pull him back to home base which was only a mile back into Steamboat bay. Over all Walker got about 18" my parents said this morning on top of a solid 10" from two weeks ago. Truck travel on the Leech should almost come to a hault if you don't have a plow. See attached photos from cell phone, not the greatest but at least its photos.

Can some one tell me why my photos turn upside down when I post them??? Seriously I can't help it...grrr.

Meat-Run

full-15794-30015-photob.jpg

full-15794-30016-photoc.jpg

full-15794-30017-photoa.jpg

Nice report! After the way my ice fishing has been going this year and the way the snow is coming on it maybe time to leave the auger in the garage and get out there! smile

Also, not sure what's up grin with you pictures? I just thought you were trying to just out do some of MN Mikes flying out West shots! laugh

The closest I'll get to climbing anything is a 6 foot snow drift grin Time to get my fish house off the lake before it really gets buried.

Heard another report that Detroit Lakes down to Fergus Falls got 18"-20"+ of snow, that's just crazy!!

MR

Nice report! After the way my ice fishing has been going this year and the way the snow is coming on it maybe time to leave the auger in the garage and get out there! smile

Also, not sure what's up grin with you pictures? I just thought you were trying to just out do some of MN Mikes flying out West shots! laugh

I was going to post up some pics and trail reports last week but I figured you would probably get mad at me.....

Mike

I was going to post up some pics and trail reports last week but I figured you would probably get mad at me.....

Mike

Of course I would.

But, that doesn't stop guys for going into a strip club knowing they can't touch anything.

They still want to see! laugh

For this weekend I am looking at dumping at the lot north of Virginia, heading up to Cook, then up and around to the Landing on Vermillion. Riding either the lake or side trails (depending on lake conditions) back down to Tower, then looping back to the virginia lot.

Was anyone on those trails last weekend or this week?

MR, when do we get to see the GoPro videos?

The GP is my brothers, I hope he can get something put together and when I do I'll share. Unfortunetly it was foggy/misting most of the the time and we had a hard time keeping camera clear of ice.

MR

Trails north of Grand Rapids, thru the Chippewa, and on up toward BigFork are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And they got another 12-16 inches AFTER we left!

Love to see all that green in a parking lot! Howdy from TRF, MN., home of the Arctic Cat snowmobile!!!! laugh

CS,

HAHAHA!!! When the three of us walked into the Knotty Pine one of the locals looked me straight (well kinda) in the eye and asked "You guys arent riding Cats are ya?"

Thought quick and answered right back "Naw, got those two Polaris's out there" and keep on walking to the back. He and his group got a good laugh!

We ran 2 Polaris Trails for 14 years and are now on our 3rd year with the Cats. Wow, these new suspensions are the "cats" meow! So much easier on my back after a day on the trails grin

That's great and congratulations!

I've got 5 grandkids and won't have missed any of the activities. I'm leaving this afternoon for my first saddlebag trip. We hitting Alex tonight, Walker on Thursday, Sauk Centre on Friday and back home on Saturday. We are pumped!

clkiekhafer, you'll have some good riding around the Alex area we got hit pretty good. Groomers were out for the last 2 days. Nice powdery snow so watch out for deep drifts, I know I buried myself in one big time.

CONGRATS Leech!!!!