• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lockout

Bear55

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few things that need to be dealt with first, like putting pen to paper and knocking out the tricky details, but with that said, what would the regular season look like this year? Scrap the cancelled version and re-draw it up? Was listening to Russo this morning and he said it might be harder than folks realize for the Wild to adjust to new players. A 3 game losing streak in the past didn't mean much but in an abbreviated schedule is quite meaningful.

They should shorten the playoffs by a series, and have best of 3 playoffs, then best of 5 championship games. That would free up enough to play a good schedule, without compacting the games to everynight.

Quote:
They should shorten the playoffs by a series, and have best of 3 playoffs, then best of 5 championship games

Why not just add a few weeks and go through May?

I'm honestly not bitter since they were still able to salvage a season. I've been waiting to see Konopka in a Wild Uni since last season when they couldn't sign him. We have 2 of the biggest agitators in the league with Clutterbuck and Konopka on the 3 and 4 lines and we are in for some crazy sit on the edge of your seat games with those 2 on the same team. Not to mention Kassian. And can't forget that we should have one of the best top lines and a solid 2nd line.

In a month from now, most of us will be saying, what strike???

Quote:
To me its the perfect season and they should make it 48 games every year.

I dissagree, I think if they did that then the teams with the most payroll would have a huge advantage and it would be a sprint to the playoffs. With the longer season, a middle of the road team that can stay healthy has just as much chance of making the playoffs as a rock star team that has too many injuries. Just my opinion.

I do thing the seasons run too many games the way it is. I would be fin with a ~60 game season. Let the cup end just before walleye opener and have more time between games and I'd be a happy camper. I think we would see fewer games where the guy seem to be taking the night off.

Bear - yep, I can't wait to watch him on the ice!!!

Now the league needs to start talking realignment again. I would be so much more excited to see the Wild playing the old Norris opponents in our own time zone. Nothing against the fine people of NW Canada, but its just not the same.

Agreed. It's tough to get a rivalry going with Vancouver. Winnipeg wouldn't be bad, though. I'm guessing they will propose the same plan as last year and it will pass through. The only reason it didn't get through the NHLPA was for a bargaining chip. Now that it's over, hopefully they can move forward with it.

I thought that the realignment was a done deal? They need to revert back to all the old conferences and divisions. Campbell conference VS Prince of Wales. The old Orange all star jerseys. Thats when hockey had its biggest and best rivalries.

It got shot down by the union in a 100% political move. They were trying to gain leverage for the CBA upcoming negotiation at the time. Now that the CBA is done (or soon to be), they should be able to get it back up and running. It would be much, much better for a lot of teams.

I'd have to disagree Musky! I believe the shorter season favors the deeper so called richer teams by far.

What I like about the shortened season is every game matters and they will be intense, meaningful and compacting the season is good for everybody except the players..

I'm so happy the season is going to happen I'm not going to touch the political realignment comment with a 10' pole.... grin

Go Wild~

2 things 1 is Mikko Koivu must be all smiles flying over from Finland, we are putting solid help together for the guy, Seto,Heatley,Parise,Suter and part 2 speaking of Suter etc. how's our D as a whole ? Not the place for that topic I guess so I'm just thankful hockey is back at it, couldn't handle anymore college hoops or pro for that matter.

Brunette hmmmm, I don't know, I think at forward/center we're in decent shape if Bruno was a D I'd entertain that but fan favorite but I like him to but he's kinda slow, not much of a shot, gets garbage scramble goals, but is good in the corners because of his slow feet he better be, but it's time to move on and give a young gun his role or we could revive Sylvan Blouin lol. Hearing game 1 is vs. Colorado unknown if home or away ? Happy we can even have these discussions, lets play some hockey.

Brunette played golf at the course I work at all the time. I asked him over the summer if he could possibly come back to the Wild. He said he'd would like to, but doesn't think there is much of a chance it will happen. But who knows that was in the summer before the whole lockout.