• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hit list...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked our pits last weekend and we were amazed!

6 of 7 pits hit, based on our cameras that were only on 4 of the pits, we have 16 different bears, one pit had 8 different bears; sow and 3 cubs, a decent boar, a very large boar and a couple of 2 ½ to 3 ½ year old bears. The bears were very hungry, first bear found the pit and ate for over 5 hours without leaving during the middle of the day. All of the bears were showing up day and night.

3 of the pits were completely hoovered, there was not a spec of bait left, one was the pit with 8 bears and 2 that we did not have cameras on.

Had to chase bears off pits in the middle of the day just to bait them.

The bears seem very hungry, just worried now that we may feed them too much and they will go back to normal nocturnal behavior.

The anticipation has made really long week and there are 3 more days to go….

Good luck everyone,

Well dad made a run up north this morning to bait, he really wants to get one, this will be his third year and he hasn't even seen on so after checking pictures and seeing this he is so pumped he just wants to see them more then shoot one. How big you think the guy in the last picture is?full-12119-23841-photo(5).jpg

full-12119-23842-photo(6).jpg

full-12119-23843-photo.jpg

full-12119-23840-photo(2).jpg

Holy smokes you any bear i can borrow? Awsome, the big one in the last picture would be a sow with quadruplets. The two pics before the last one appear to be nice bear worthy of a cold nap in my freezer.

No hits today again, but i may have caught a break. Looks to be a big bear using my cousins corn field for a home, and has massive trails coming out to what is left of some small water holes. Put up a camera today so we will see. Tons of scat and big tracks in the mud holes, just not a tree within miles.

Well, This guy was at the bait yesterday when I got there. It stayed about 30 yards away while I dumped the buckets and restarted the camera. Showed up there Thursday afternoon and never left. Hoping it is around later today.

Certainly not a huge one, but looks like a shooter. Good luck all!!!

full-18080-23935-picture072.jpg

full-18080-23936-picture087.jpg

full-18080-23937-picture096.jpg

full-18080-23938-picture169.jpg

Good luck JB, REDEMPTION IS AT HAND! New player for me two at 6 bells last night, date is off by a day or he'd be dead. then of course due to pics from last week we had a morning feeder at 705 an 945, so me an halle went in this morning at about six 30 were in stand an left about 9 or so an I retrieved the card and.... full-2178-23944-prms0003.jpg

full-2178-23945-prms0069.jpg

A day early man, well halle is gona puch a hole thru one tonight! JB that one is really nice, good luck bud an all others, WheeeHaaaa christmas is here!

Well great nite to hunt until.....game warden strolled into my area during prime time 630 pm to tell me my site sign was missing. I explained bear must have tore it off it was there just like my other sites he looked at (have him on camera on one so knew he looked at other site) I even showed him the screw in tree where sign was. He was very nice guy, just irritated he'd come in then and why not look up my registration sheet I mailed in to verify my site and call me or come another time to look see if I put sign back up, just gave me a warning ticket...well better luck tomorrow I guess....

He knew he'd find you "home" at that time!

Not to be argumentative, but if it was 6:30 there was still ample time for things to quiet down and hunt. I've had people, ATV's, grouse hunters, even other bear hunters etc.., do this to me SO many times I can't even count. It really is frustrating. Especially when it really is prime time...last half hour of light.

Looks like a nice bear boar. That's really a nice sharp picture as well! I'm curious, if you have the barrel, why have the crib as well?

It was on when baiting, I think came off this last baiting and this was first time I was back and he knew id be there. Come out at 3 give me time to recover my hunt or wait til I'm leaving or getting there. I had to climb down tree with a climber stand no less, he let me hunt after and said I hope I didn't mess up your hunt.....um yeah what do you think...But again was a nice guy, we talked about 20 min I forgot my license in my truck so I coulda got scolded for that also...

Ample time...ever use climber stand? We talked 20 min so by time I was up and hunting it was after 7. And I would disagree with ample time two guys talking 10' from bait pile an hour and half before dark, I was dropped off or I woulda just left but had to wait til dark for ride.

In his defense, he's probably not going to drive out to your stand 100 times in hopes of catching you there at that time. He knew opener at 6:30 would be the right time to be there! Nice of him? No. Does it make sense? Yeah.

I sat last night for 5 minutes before I realized I shouldn't be in the stand. Wind was rocking me all over the place, and the wind was swirling in all directions. Woke up to high winds again today... hoping for Monday!

I understand his reason for timing but we register the sites for reason no need to walk to a site openisng day prime time to warn me about a sign missing when he knows bears tear them down at times. Check in couple days during the day see if I replaced it perhaps! Right and a wrong way of doing things in my opinion.