• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hit list...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are offically done for the year...pulled all our baits in the beltrami-red lake WMA north and east of Fourtown yesterday...big fire up there...the closed the forest last nite...as of this morning the fire covered 31,000 acres and was only 10% contained... frown

Just heard about the fire on the radio, man that is big. They said something about alot of the firefighting equip was taken away to go to Karlstad/Viking area because of a big one there also. Hope they get them all under control. Fox I see you are from Newfolden, are you originally from there? My dad grew up in and around Newfolden and I have cousins all over that area. My dads last name is Becklund and the rest of the family would be Taggarts,Odbergs

bigbucks...It was pretty slow up there, we had 5 baits still going but with the fire we figured we better pick up all our stuff before it closed cause we didn't know when we'd get back in there...doesn't look like it will be soon enough to get anything going now....

rbs...I'm originally from the Viking area, went to school in newfolden, graduatedd 1974...The fire at Viking took two buildings on my brothers place, came within 50 feet of one of my sisters and my neices place, about 70 feet from my moms place...Bob Halvorson ring a bell?

News tonight said 11 homes in Karlstad were lost. Sad. On the bright side they said they have the fires 90% contained now.

We've had Black Hawk and Chinook helicopters passing by our place like crazy..refueling at the airport a few miles away.