• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hit list...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see u have a bunch of apples there. Looks like I will be making a trip to the old man's orchard to pick up some bait off the ground to bring up nort next week.

I really like seeing all of your bait stations. We are gonna try to get right next to the water when we start next week.

Congrats jumbo and I'm glad you didn't have a pick of a huge chocolate in their grin

How far away is your closet bait do you think?

Sniper, we have one bait i would guess to be about a mile north of you. That is the one bait that hasn't been hit. I think your winning the battle!!! Our other baits are spread out over a large area up their.

Keep us posted, if they cleaned out 150 lbs, you got something good going on!

Baits are gettting beat up good. I only have one camera out right now with single bear coming in. I have been baiting every other day and starting Monday I will be baiting every day. Of the 15 baits, 9 where hit Tuesday, all hit thursday and all where again today. I havent seen anything for berrys and the acorn crop is good but only in isolated pockets. I am trying to add a pic when I get it figured out.

8/26/12 Report.

One of my hunting partners and I just baited again today. All 7 bait stations are now being hit.

The good news..........3 big bears are still showing regularly, several bear coming in daylight, baits cleaned out and numerous bear in general of all sizes.

The bad news.............. much slower than last week in every aspect; fewer pics, fewer hits, and more night pics. (hopefully due to higher temps and much higher humidity)

We will be going up on Wednesday night late or Thursday early to bait and staying till Monday night late. I won't be able to post up there as we have no service or internet but will try to post pics on Tuesday night after work. Hopefully with bear in hand!!

Good luck.

A few new pics.........First one is my favorite!!

bear2012607.jpg

bear2012603.jpg

bear2012615.jpgbear2012626.jpg

bear2012643.jpg

bear2012655.jpg

bear2012637.jpgbear2012678.jpg

All the best to ya jumbo, good luk bud. Real sweet bears, Id be happy with any one of them. hope ya have a short trailing Job. As of sat. i havent been hit yet, but the later I get hit during biting the better off I am during hunting. No worries.

Add me to the list. Went to bait today without expecting much, but all three sites were hit good. My brothers site was hit the best 300 pictures on the camera and there are at least three different bears coming in. There is a smaller bear coming into my site. Makes me wonder why it took them so long to come in. Hopefully they stick around come hunting time.

full-5070-23681-pict0022.jpg

full-5070-23682-pict0023.jpg

Anyway the bear above is also the bear below? I don't think so, but who knows? I'm thinking the one that almost looks fake is younger that the other one which looks taller to me?

full-5070-23683-pict0029.jpg

full-5070-23684-pict0045.jpg

The last two pics are from a different bait. Same bear on both? No way it's a cub is there? Seems short, but pretty fat to me.

full-5070-23685-pict0048.jpg

Well finally on the hit list, looks to be a 250lber or so, came yesterday morning about 10am. Didn't eat everything, but quite a few acorns in the area, so hope he comes back and at least he knows where the bait is. Pic was right in the sun, so will post a pic when i get a good one.

2 out of 3 hit still some good day visits it will be interesting what this weeks heat brings. Im in better shape than other years I have had, one more bait scheduled then its show time Sat...

Good luck everybody!

What size do these first two bears look like (first 4 pics two of each bear) any guesses, Im bad at this part... (I know last picture little boo bear smile

full-24527-23753-pict0037.jpg

full-24527-23756-pict0083.jpg

full-24527-23757-pict0041(3).jpg

full-24527-23758-pict0045.jpg

full-24527-23759-pict0031.jpg

Nice bears guy's. And Boar don't be stealing this one from Halle while she's sleeping laugh

I can't wait for this weekend,I switched my bait and now a 55 gallon drum plus a bucket on the ground is getting cleaned up in 2 days. They left me a big present by the drum also I guess a huge #2 you have to walk around. My father in-law is doing the baiting for me so I won't see the picks till Fri or Sat.