• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hit list...

Of course he not gona waist tax payer money to to try an catch you when you bait, but hes been in there, he knows its registerd if he's done his homework, a simple phone call would suffice. he knows your home? he knows your parked on the road an you'll be out shortly after sundown. Any disturbance that that happens accidently is part of the game. C.O.s have options an walking in during prime time shouldnt be one of them.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed like I said nice guy but could been handled better, certainly not expecting him to cater to me but sign missing couple days before opener when if he noticed the sign missing he would notice the logs all over and bear dump and screw hanging in tree above bait, put two and two together. I told him to Look it up I included gps coordinates in registration I sent in on 18th, he said " I believe you" oh well then [PoorWordUsage] we doing here in front of my bait pile at 630... Lol oh well its a long season. Another tid bit of fact we discussed use of 4 wheelers and on some trails on state land dnr put up brown no motorized vehicle signs beyond this point except big game/trapping exception? I emailed dnr two years ago asking if this means I can use my wheeler baiting and hunting bear and was told yes. I emailed again this year just to make sure and I including a picture of sign and detailed question about baiting and hunting and this time it was forwarded to some guy and he said yes also. The guy yesterday said no you can't, I explained my emails he said " depends who you talk to they don't always know" but Its only to retrieve game can you go past it...lmao once again left hand not knowing what right hand is doing...only a government operation! Glad I wasn't hunting on this road maybe have my wheeler hauled off smile

Ya, all good points. They probably shouldn't bother us when we're on a really hot bite, when the birds are flying hot and heavy, or when we're all prepared to make a drive in a birdy field, but it's their job, and they do it while we're out there. That's where "the job" is. Oh well. Most CO's are cool. Some are kinda uptight.

By "home" I obviously meant "in stand". There are tons of people out there that bend and break the rules every day. He was just making sure you weren't one of them.

Sounds like he was actually pretty cool about the whole deal. But I agree, his timing could've been a little better. Suppose he coulda sat there, let you shoot your bear, then dinged you for not having all your P's and Q's in order. Whatever...lotta season left.

Yea, that wind was a howlin' last night. Didn't figure they'd be out movin' much before dark with such a strong, gusty south wind. Oldest boy and I did some more scouting, and a short sit in a good area last night. Didn't even see much deer movement with all the wind. Still pretty gusty today. Hope it's a little quieter tonight.

Wow really! They probably should just comb through the woods asking everybody to show their license being in their posetion while there at it too! Is it breaking the law if a bear rips a sign down or how about another hunter is [PoorWordUsage] you took his favorite spot and tears it down am I breaking the law? Maybe you bring an extra sign with each time I don't. Why register sites if they don't use the form. Anyway ill let it go, I think you would be singing a different tune if it were you. I agree when people say they have a hard job and are not appreciated but often the mn dnr bring it on themselves with these kind of situations and the VAST misinformation they so often give us!

Good night, god bless I'm going hunting, I put a new sign up maybe he will come check to see smile I couldn't resist one more jab!

We will find out tomorrow! If I were a bettin man....I'd say we have at least 4 of the 7 that haven't been hit....HIT....when we check tomorrow...but then I've been going over 25 years of bear hunting data in my "book of Bears"...that contains all the info I've collected in all my years as a bear hunter...when each bait was set...how many days till it was hit...times the bears came in...how many days they skipped between hits...it's alot of info...especially when you consider that when we fist started hunting bears when we were in our early 30's...we would hang 20 - 25 baits to start a season!! Of course we would widdle it down to about a dozen before we actually got to hunting...now days...3 baits each...we can do that in about 3 1/2 hours!! piece of cake for a couple of old timers!!!

Wow, That would interesting to read. Lota history. I finnaly got a hit on the site that my camera was stolen from but dont have much to go on except it was a bear. i took another older cam an set it about 30 yards into the bush way off an outa the immedeate site area an spread frosting on some trees. dont think anyone will find that one, hopefully

Wag that one is a brute, id be gunning for that cinno/red myself. funny, our horse trading on bait ya know, i hope your haveing better luck with gummy bears than I am with those macadamian nuts ya traded me. There getting scoop out on to ground, but I think the giant tootsie roll has their attention, o well I can make alot of cookie to feed them. good luck bud.

Wag that one is a brute, id be gunning for that cinno/red myself. funny, our horse trading on bait ya know, i hope your haveing better luck with gummy bears than I am with those macadamian nuts ya traded me. There getting scoop out on to ground, but I think the giant tootsie roll has their attention, o well I can make alot of cookie to feed them. good luck bud.

Boar go to your local mill and get molasses then buy a 5 pound bag of sugar at the store mix them all together with the nut's and your good to go.

Thanks Arch, thats cheap enought to try, What I did wad mix the mac nut with preanuts, i dded chocklet hearts an hearsy bars, then aded some liqourice an waffle cone, the nuts are roasted so I got a sweet n salty mix, but will certainly try your idea. I'v had persnitcty bear before, one didnt like dog food.

I'm having the same results with macs, peanuts, pecans and mangos. All they seem to want are bread n pastries. We have 3 different baits getting hit now. Ill have to try a sweet mix