• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tackle Warehouse

cruiseforever

I checked out Tackle Warehouse for the first time last week. I was very impressed with their web site for looking up items and colors. The prices also seemed very good. I may have a new store to shop at. What are your experiences with them?

I checked out Tackle Warehouse for the first time last week. I was very impressed with their web site for looking up items and colors. The prices also seemed very good. I may have a new store to shop at. What are your experiences with them?

TW is the best online fishing retailer our there. Like most great businesses, they put their customers first and make sure every transaction is a smooth one. They also have the largest selection of companies and product that I am aware of - they carry local companies as well like NorthStar Custom Baits, Outkast, and All Terrain.

I think while its important to say that TW is very good.. Its also important to visit our local shops as well. I know the wave is to go internet, but it can be hard when you need something right away. If everybody orders all online the local shops will slowly die off.

i agree in supporting local shops and i guess i'm old fashion enough to do that. i like to physicly see what i'm buying and interacting with the employees of the shop if i have questions ect. i can understand buying large bulk items at times if people make their own rigs and so forth. but an item here and there the local shops are for me. good luck.

I think while its important to say that TW is very good.. Its also important to visit our local shops as well. I know the wave is to go internet, but it can be hard when you need something right away. If everybody orders all online the local shops will slowly die off.

+1

I try to buy everything I can from Reeds to support local business. If there's something Reeds doesn't carry, then I go online.

I try and get the basics (hooks, weights, some plastics, etc...) locally if I can, but in the east metro there is not a store that sells a decent jerkbait. Apparently they are all under contract with Rapala to only carry their line of jerkbaits or something.

I used to be able to get Pointers at Gander Mountain at least, but I think they replaced their Lucky Craft section with more women's clothing apparel.

So, then I have to turn to TW to get the stuff I actually want.

Supporting the local guys like Capra's, Thorne, etc is extremely important and we should all try to make them our first option. No offense to GM but if the smaller local retail outlets don't have something TW or bass tackle depot gets my business. Free shipping and no sales tax is hard to pass up.

I like the Hook up tackle too. They have some stuff you cant find on the other sites. Dietz is right though, Shopping at the places like Thorne and Capras is not only like being a kid in a candy store, it ensures we will always have a place to get stuff in a hurry need be.