• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for some excellent hunting photos

Jeremy airjer W

Yes, there was alot more to Owens story as with all others. I typically do not even post the harvest pictures.

I have a wounded Marine vet from the Viet-Nam era this fall to guide. Lost both legs and 1 arm in a rocket attack. Yes, it is diffucult to harvest a deer with a crossbow with only 1 arm. I made a adjustable T holder to hold the frame of the crossbows so the fellows with only 1 arm can hold and shoot using this brace I built. Otherwise there is no way they could hold the crossbow and shoot.

I love to guide all the handi capped archers but the war vets are alot of fun as the stories they can tell are amazing. Most all will talk about thier time in service and war and how they were injured.

Talking about tears, when we have the hog raost and banquet on the last day of the hunt, there are many wet eyes as some of the hunters come up and talk about thier hunt and the deer they harvested.

We raise enough funds or close to it at the banquet along with donations to pay for the following years hunt.

Most years with 12-15 hunters, we have approx an 80% harvest average. last fall, we had our first 100% kill for the invited hunters. Some years there are one or two hunters who cannot attend as thier health issues keep them from attending the last minute. If one of the hunters do not harvest a deer, they are guarenteed to be invited back the next fall.

All of the invited archers have to get to the camp at thier expense and from there on out, everything is given to them for no charge. That includes thier license and the deer processing.

here is a link to the Twist of fate HSOforum.

On the homepage photo, I am the first standing guide on the east or right side of the sign with a cap on. I lost count how many years I have helped with this hunt as a guide and I believe this fall will be my 12th or 13th season.

I will say this, it is alot of work to put this hunt on but the feeling one gets helping another out to enjoy the outdoors expierence that they could not do without help is a feeling that one cannot explain. This is honestly the highlight of my hunting season.

http://www.twistoffatend.org/

If you call TOF, call and talk with Brad or Marlo, if you need the numbers if they are not listed on the HSOforum, just shoot me a PM and I will forward then to you.

if you mention my name to either, say Tom as that is my real name, harvey is my user name.

If you call TOF, call and talk with Brad or Marlo, if you need the numbers if they are not listed on the HSOforum, just shoot me a PM and I will forward then to you.

If you mention my name to either, say Tom as that is my real name, harvey is my user name.

They typically give me some help some years as my back is not that great so if you are interested in helping, just tell either Brad or Marlo you talked with me and would like to work with me.

That would be fine with me.