• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Impressive collection

Gordie

I posted a few pics yesterday for Fish4u and in one of the picturs that I couldnt post I notice a cabinet with decoys in them and I ask Fish4u to email these pics of his collection and WOW what a collection he has.

Thank you for sharing these treasures of the spearing world Fish4U

full-15313-16780-collection017.jpg

full-15313-16782-collection016.jpg

full-15313-16783-collection012.jpg

full-15313-16784-collection013.jpg

full-15313-16785-collection014.jpg

full-15313-16786-collection015.jpg

full-15313-16788-collection003.jpg

full-15313-16789-collection004.jpg

full-15313-16790-collection005.jpg

full-15313-16791-collection007.jpg

full-15313-16792-collection008.jpg

full-15313-16793-collection001.jpg

Thanks Gordie And happy birthday In the second photo i made some decoys and gave each grandkid one and said paint this and give it back to grampa the color combinations are rare. That part of the collection PRICELESS and yes it did take a few years. AND IF ANYBODY WANTS TO DONATE HA HA thanks again fish4u

Wow... That's really cool.

I'm not a spearer, but I think spearing decoys are cool as all get out, and my grandfather's old decoys are some of my prized possessions. So much fishing stuff today is mass-produced compared to even a few years ago, but handmade spearing decoys are a notable exception - classic American folk art IMHO, and in a lot of ways far more interesting than duck decoys just because it's so regionally limited.

Very cool collection - thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,

RK

To be honest the pics don't do the collection justice I've seen them in person and its even bigger and better in person, great collection and you know my favorites fish4u, on top of that hope your son is keeping up the good work! Next time I come we'll have to add some tag team decoys to your collection!

Hi smurfy Yes im married she is very suportive. she has even got me a few as gifts Fish4u
gringrin just funnin ya!!!! thats cool she is supportive. my wife puts up with all my taxidermy mounts as well along with my knife fetish! that is one cool collection ya got there!!!!!! wink my house wouldnt be big enough.

i do however have 5 dekes sham made for me on display in my family room!!