• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone got a Marcum LX 7 review??

what does dynamic depth mean?

Basically it utilizes the whole dial of the flasher. Picture the flasher like a clock - normally if your flasher has 20ft incriments and your in 22 ft. You would have to be in 40ft range and only use a tad over half the dial/clock, bottom would be at 6:15.

With Dynamic Depth it pushes your bottom to about 11:25 thus allowing you a bigger picture.

The past few days I have been in 20-26 fow and really enjoyed this feature. cool

I have a question on these units. When you set your zoom does it automatically change depths if you whole hop? What about once you shut the unit off. When you power it back up does it remember your settings or go back to default?

Zoom stays where you set it last, if you change depth you need to change zoom, simple and easy since the zoom controls right on the front of the unit...Truly amazing unit....Now if I could get it away from the wife when hole hopping, but stuck with her LX-5 for that...

you can set it to auto depth were it will automatically find it or you can set your range to 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 120, 180, 240 ,or 300 and if you get it fine tuned to were you like it for a specific spot you can save it to your system settings and you can always hit restore to factory settings. i don't think you can save more than the one setting tho that would be cool for one of the future upgrades so you can save different settings for your different spots......hope this helps and some on correct me if you can save more than one setting please

d beyer i used mine first time this wknd and i allso noticed that it would kind of flicker.. looks like a piece of the flasher is missing in the shape of the triangle that is black... and it was i only used it in dynamic depth... not sure what it is but worked fine on auto or choose your depth.. i think i read something that a while back there was a issue with dynamic depth before but my understanding was that they corrected that... i gues not anyone else have some insight

oh and i allso had the screen brightness at normal and had the flasher display on along with the graph... really cool to see the graph.. can distinguish a fish on the bottom better than thinking the thin green line one bottom of flasher is a fish.. the graph will show a bump if its a fish.. i really like the graph option... plus when u get bored u can jig your rod and watch the graph and see if u can spell your name and watch it scroll across the screen .. more things to play with when fishing gets slow!!

No Marcums fit in a 5 gallon Pail. They have rectangle shuttle cases. Kitty litter pail is the ticket for the Lx-1, 3, 5 since they are rectangular.

LX5 does fit in a 5 gallon pail, just on end. I got my LX5 and a six pack of silos wink in for the Brainerd contest, I think even an extra pair of gloves. Tight fit, but it does fit, with the case.

I like the idea of the kitty litter pail for protection when cruising though, will try that out.

other than that 1 issue the lx 7 is amazing.. i got a bunch of talk from buddys cause they are all vexilar fans and so was i.. but, wait till they see this thing in action!! pretty sweet.. i still love my fl18 though.. on a side note at least marcum is aware of that little glitch, lets keep our ears open for a software update to fix this ....

I also have a black triangle in the middle of my bottom depth lines when I have the dynamic depth option on. Hopefully they get that fixed soon. Does anyone else notice the colors seem really faded on theres. My green looks more like the color that borders these posts. Nothing close to on there HSOforum or the youtube videos I've seen. Lots of flickering going on also. I'm going to be returning it and getting another, Hopefully I just got a lemon. I should note that I have a LX-6

I bought my lx-7 a couple days ago and got it out yesterday and today. The glitch with the triangle missing is there and when I jig the center depth moves with the lure. I have the v3.01 firmware. I know other people have the triangle problem but does anyone notice the depth move with your lure too? I have the target adjust at zero and sensitivity on level 4 so it's just enough to see my lure