• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be honest

Gordie

How many of you guy/gals can honestly say... You have lost out on a pike in the hole due to surfing or playing to much on the cell phone? I know since I got my new phone I haven't paid full attention to the business at hand well I have-not been able to spear yet this season I noticed that I had a few ducks wing by and even a small deer sneak by me.

They say you should always carry it with you for safety reasons and I believe this tom be true but I never had much of a problem when I didn't have it. So I guess I just need to make sure I turn it off and leave it off.

I think when I get to finally go spearing I'll leave it in the truck .

I've had it happen to me several times.

Sometimes I think I should not mess with it but it is nice to have something to do when its slow. I think it has kept me out on the lake longer at times because I had something to do and boredome didn't set in.

I can honestly say that I have never missed an outdoor hunting or fishing opportunity playing on or checking my cell phone! shocked

Missed a few nice bucks with my pants around my ankles though! cry

When Mother nature calls, I have to answer the call! grin

On Friday a big northern hit my live sucker and my cell phone started ringing. I answered it, it was my brother and I told him a big one had just come in and I would call him right back. The fish came back and I speared it. It was 37 1/2 inches long. I called my brother back and told him it was laying on the ice. If my cell phone bothered me I would shut it off or leave it home.

I was looking at harvey lee's post about spearing gear today and looked down and the pike was stareing at my decoy speared it with the phone in one hand and the spear in the other. Pike was so close I didnt even have to let go of the spear after I stuck it

Not a pike, but I did lose what would have been the biggest bass of the year for me because I was talking on my cell when it hit. I keep my phone put away when I spear...that's too big a hole, too easy for the phone to fall in and find its way to a watery grave!

I keep my phone put away when I spear...that's too big a hole, too easy for the phone to fall in and find its way to a watery grave!

this thought always runs thru my mind and my grip seems to get tighter and tighter so much that their are finger indentions in it.