• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do your glasses fog up while wearing a helmet?

Mike Stark

It kinda depends on the helmet. In my opinion contacts are the only way to go if you enjoy winter activities where fogging glasses will occur. In and out of ice house, snowmobiling, cold weather hunting ect. Even the not so recreational activties such as snowblowing made me mad when I had glasses. It is nice to not have to worry about it.

CA

Yes, my glasses fog up when I wear my helmet. I just leave my visor open a bit to increase the air flow on regular days. When it's really cold and I want the full protection of the visor I take my glasses off and put them in the case in my jacket.

It works for me since my eyes aren't so bad that I can't see at all without them.

Contacts are a good option.

Yes, my glasses fog up when I wear my helmet. I just leave my visor open a bit to increase the air flow on regular days. When it's really cold and I want the full protection of the visor I take my glasses off and put them in the case in my jacket.

It works for me since my eyes aren't so bad that I can't see at all without them.

Contacts are a good option.

You don't want me riding a snowmobile without my glasses! eek Bad things would happen. grin

I haven't worn contacts in years. I didn't like having those things on my eyes. Might give em another try tho.

I was thinking about this same thing just the other day as I am starting to wear glasses more full time now and it will be my first winter with them. Has anyone tried some of those anti-fog wipes on your glasses? confused

Mike,

Let me be the standard to judge all solutions by. In an assignment to write about something unusual, my daughter wrote about me and my ability to sweat profusely year around. I was a single parent at the time so figured it was useless to waste my "best moves" on her teacher after she'd shared that family jewel. I've tried everything suggested here: anti-fog sprays; heated shields; keeping the shield open slightly for ventilation (frosted lenses are no advantage over fogged lenses); breath defectors, and multiple brands of helmets. I now wear a "bomber cap" & have my helmet strapped on the back of the sled for effect.

If your head is sweating your glasses and shield will fog for sure.

Combo of cracking the shield, breath deflector, anti fog spray will help some but there will be times you'll fog.

A full face snow x helmet with breath deflector and goggles over glasses will never fog.

Thought about going that route myself but haven't talked myself into dropping the coin on that style helmet and quality goggles. I'll bet it works really well.

Most of my riding is pretty tame and when I want to go nuts I put the contacts in. grin

My son had these same issues. Hekmuts do not breath very well. he tried the deflectors, and about everything else.

In the race car in the cooler spring and fall days, the helmut would fog. NO option to left the shield as too much dirt.

Snowmobiling was the same.

Went to one of the best Bell helmuts, not cheap and still had some issues.

Got his eyes cut and all issues went away no need for the glasses. I believe the contacts would also be a huge improvement if u do not mind wearing them.

I TOO HAVE TRIED EVERYTHNG AND CONTACTS WAS THE BEST SOLUTION, BUT I GOT A HJC MODULAR HELMET AND THAT HAS CUT DOWN ALOT ON THE TIMES I NEED TO WEAR CONTACTS. GETTING GOOD AIR FLOW AND GOOD TIGHT BREATH DEFLECTOR DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. THE HELMET I GOT DOES A GOOD JOB WITH THEIR BREATH DEFLECTOR, AND SOME IS CONTROLLING HOW YOU BREATH.

I also have a HJC helmet that I picked up from Dennis Kirk on close-out. The front piece opens up so that you get more air and once you start moving you can bring down the front part and the venting start working along with the breath deflector. Works so much better than my cheapo helmet.