• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Direct TV - Losing FOX Channels Nov 1st?

LMITOUT

Deja vu from last years dish fiasco, bummer for those who made the jump, might have to jump to cable now; suppose this will eventually happen there as well. Billionaires squabbling; oh well, guess we will have to step in and help them out..... maybe the OWS' ers can add no price hikes for tv on their platform.

The outage will last a few days at most. These things get worked out fairly quickly with the satellite companies. Too many subscribers at risk of leaving.

I work with small cable providers and they are constantly complaining about the programming fee increases from the networks. The increases you see on your bill are 99% due to what the stations are charging. There aren't a lot of cable or telephone companies making a profit from video anymore. Pay per view, broadband, and telephone (maybe) are where the profits are coming from now days. ESPN and Fox Sports are by far the most expensive and it's not even close. If you want to offer ESPN on your channel line up (like it's really an option) you have to order all ESPN stations and several others you might not even want. The networks will also tell you where you have to place your channels in relation to each other. I don't blame DirecTv for pushing back. It has to end somewhere. Don't worry DirecTV will cave and we'll all end up paying more.

I'd hate to see them go, but I'm about 4 months into a 2 year contract with DTV, and life will go on. I will miss It's Aways Sunny, Archer, and The League, along with some of the other FX programming. They are really putting some great addictive drama out there with Sons of Anarchy and Justified, too. It's almost like having an HBO Lite included with most channel packages.

They'll get it figured out, and we'll have to eat the price hikes, like we always do. There is some premium quality TV on network and cable now, whereas we used to have to defer to Movies for stuff like that. AMC and FX have really pushed the envelope for us, and I like it!

I have DirecTv, and heres my beef with Fox/DirecTv-

I HAD Minneapolis FOX, 3-4 weeks ago we here in the Mankato area lost that and it was replaced with FOX Mankato. Whats the big deal, you may ask- FOX Mankato thru DirecTv is NOT HD capable. Not only is it not HD, on my 42" in the living room, I lost 3" of picture on both sides of the TV. UGH!!

Can you adjust the picture to get that 3" back. On mine there is a "aspect" button on my TV remote that allows me to basically zoom in a bit and get the full screen picture back. While it isn't HD quality it helps quite a bit when watching the WILD beat the Red Wings. wink

You can, but it is the only station I need to do it to, plus when that is done and you are watching sporting events, the scoreboard disappears. Something needs to be done between FOX Mankato and DirecTv.