• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My brother's 1st big buck!!!

bmc

My brother Steve's dreams came true last night when he arrowed a buck we called "MIA" or "Mr. Big" the last 2 years. It was neat having a history w/ this buck, seeing him on trail cams and finding the last 2 years sheds from the same side.

Last night was the first time any of us had seen him while hunting. My brother was in a ground blind and the buck stepped out on to the food plot at 6:15pm at 23 yds. He said this buck was on pins and needles, very nervous.

The buck was broadside, facing to the right. When my brother shot, the buck started to turn away from him, but it was too late. His arrow hit on the back ribs and exited on the opposite side, middle rib cage, a complete pass through, going through the back part of the lungs.

The buck turned and jumped into the woods and walked off slowly.

My brother waited 20 minutes and went to check for blood and found a drop, so he went and got my dad. They came back and found his arrow covered in bright red blood. They followed the blood trail 40 yds and it quit. They looked around a bit, probably darn near stepped on the dead buck, and decided to back out and return in the morning.

My daughter Amanda and I met them at 8:30 this morning and we headed for the last drop of blood. My brother was in the lead and said "There he is and he's down! Amanda said we started screaming and jumping around like a bunch of little kids! LOL

The buck, an 11 pt, 20 inch main beams and 17 3/4" inside spread, that dressed out at 200 lbs died in mid-stride about 100 yds from where he was shot.

This is only my brothers 3rd deer in his 23 year arechery career, as he missed alot of years of hunting when he lived in the Twin Cities, but he's back with a vengance now! LOL

dsc02437ro.jpg

Brian