• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Hills Combo 2011

DonBo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words guys. These re-cap posts take a lot of time to put together. If there wasn't the response from you I doubt it would be worth the effort. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to post some pix of that big bruiser for ya. grin

great trip, what do the licenses end up costing you for fishing and hunting on this trip?

Deer went up to $285 this year, a $90 increase. Yikes. Bowhunter Ed is required.

Turkey in our zone (WR Prairie) is I believe $90. It's good for two birds. There are tons of leftover permits, you can buy as many as you want.

Fishing is $32 for three day, $60 annual.

Just got my deer tag and 4 turkey tags (FOUR!) for this year. Keep watch here for the 2012 recap. Hunt starts 10/12.

The ranch owner said it's been REALLY dry. That sounds bad, but what it does is bring all the critters from up in the hills down to our little piece of river bottom heaven.

Just over three weeks to go. smile

Do you have a big suitcase you're taking with I can crawl into?...

Sorry. The truck is full and the camper is awefulLy tight, otherwise......ah who am I kidding? You have NO shot! grin

Ooooo, bad news. Many of you may have heard about EHD or Blue Tongue in pockets of So. Dakota, well count my hunting area as part of that. Landowner called last night and said they have found at least 12 dead deer along a short section of river bottom, including 5 bucks.

So Dak is offering refunds of deer licenses in affected areas, and are considering closing the season entirely in some areas.

Not sure if this will affect our hunt much or not. Honestly this area needs some serious thinning of the deer population, just too bad this is how it's happening. Even if 100 deer die on this particular piece of property, I believe there will still be at least 200 left for us to hunt. Even if the deer season were closed, or there were NO deer left, we'd probably still go just for the turkeys and trout.

Either way, you'll get to read about the trip right here.