• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MW3 or Battlefield 3

silverbulletguy

Based on what info?

I'm not a COD fanboy or anything, but IMO the success that the COD franchise has had is mostly because it has been able to please both the hardcore (simulation) and casual (arcade) fan.

I've never been a big fan of having vehicles in match. It sounds like a great premise, but in practice rarely (if ever) works as intended and that is just one area in which B3 turns me off.

I'm certain that MW3 will break records for sales and not based upon the actual game itself, but more so of what came before it. We will just have to wait and see how good the finished product really is.

I doubt any game can live up to expectations, but IMO B3 has a LOT of ground to make up in popularity before it does any toppling.

dtro-Ive heard cod is gonna have special guns/extras you can get by entering codes from pepsi products. Sounds like [PoorWordUsage] to me. I have B2 and it's pretty neat if you can get a group together and play as a team. Seems more tactical and "real" and not just a bunch of people runnin and gunnin. B2 maps are way bigger than any on any cod and some are progressive as you do certain tasks in the game and I heard they are gonna be bigger on b3. That eliminates a lot of the camping that goes on in all cod games.

dtro-Ive heard cod is gonna have special guns/extras you can get by entering codes from pepsi products. Sounds like [PoorWordUsage] to me.

Its mountain dew and doritos products. You buy the product enter a code online and you get double XP for certain amounts of play time. A 12pk gets you around 15 minutes I want to say.

It is pretty lame how much Activision is milking the CoD series but at the same time brilliant marketing. I can only imagine how many kids are hoarding pop and chips for the xp.

It is pretty lame how much Activision is milking the CoD series but at the same time brilliant marketing. I can only imagine how many kids are hoarding pop and chips for the xp.

Besides adult beverages, not much better for a long gaming session than Mt Dew & Doritos!!!

I'm not a COD fanboy or anything
Cough Cough* laugh

I moved out into an even more rural area and now I don't have the capabilities to use my Xbox live due to not having high enough internet speed so I'll be buying the new Elder Scrolls that comes out instead of either one of these games.

Besides adult beverages, not much better for a long gaming session than Mt Dew & Doritos!!!

Oh I already bought a few MW3 packs of dew. Not that I bought them just for the xp, 4am wake up, dont drink coffee, but the xp was a nice incentive to make me stock pile a few extra cases.

BF3 first for sure. The tactical play and the ability to basically destroy everything on the map is awesome. I mean come on, nothing beats jumping in a tank and taking out an entire building. Then maybe MW3....maybe. As long as Treyarch didn't have a hand in MW3 it just might be worth the $$ spent. I think Infinity Ward developed MW3 so that alone would be one reason to purchase. Treyarch is why black ops blows.

I moved out into an even more rural area and now I don't have the capabilities to use my Xbox live due to not having high enough internet speed so I'll be buying the new Elder Scrolls that comes out instead of either one of these games.

wink So that is what they call love birds? Rural Areas with slow internet?

Well, for starters Battlefield itself is generally a PC platform based game. A pc gamer is different than a console gamer. It's a totally different aspect of a game on a PC then on the console. Seeing this is BF's first major title for consoles, it has to prove itself on Tuesday to those who play. And, it will. BF:Bad Company series was the only semi major title for console in the BF series which for the most part they just tossed out to give the BF fans something to do while they waited for this game. They didn't pay a whole lot of attention to these games. DICE has been building this game for over 3 years now with a goal of putting the best game out there and crushing the COD series. With an estimated $900 million (1.5 million pre orders) in sales the first day it should be an intersting story to watch.

I honestly won't put another MW game in my console. Running around with a gun just to rack kills and killstreaks has absolutely no meaning to me. The last 3 games have been fun for a few months then just repetively stupid after that. Love the graphics and the warfare, but the gameplay just bores me to death.

Alot harder than COD to suceed but very fun. I think MW3 will be funner for the run and gunner. BF3 seems to be more realistic than COD

Agreed, you definitely have to use cover or you will get picked off.

Overall I like it. The maps are awesomely huge. Still was spawn killed twice in one game and did encounter some lag, but not as bad as I expected it to be on release day. The flashlight lights do get annoying after a while, I swear they are trying to give me a seizure!!!! smile