• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

190" 8?!

fishuhalik

Anything is possible but highly unlikely. I have heard/seen a lot of people call a 140-150 inch deer a booner so it can be pretty easy to be skeptical on this kind of stuff. I would love to see pics of it if you can post them.

deer shot as a 150" 4 year old magically continue to grow on the wall...

I have personally witnessed this phenomonen many times..

By the time they are 6 or 7 year olds, they are usually in the 160-170 class! laugh Maybe this one had the perfect habitat in this house to push out to 190"!

Kinda doubt it! He's be a rich man with sponsorship offers!

Good Luck!

Ken

i was talking to a guy that claims to have shot a 190" 8. says he has it on his wall but i havent seen pics yet. you guys ever hear of an 8 that big?

I don't believe him. To reach 190" on an 8 point you need to have world class beam length, mass, tines, and spread. It would take the perfect storm to make it happen, and history suggests that it isn't likely (as that would be the biggest on record).

HOWEVER, if you are talking to a westerner, I might be more inclined to believe it. Those silly westerners sometimes refer to 8x8's as 8 points when we Minnesotans know it is a 16 point.

Elisha Hugan got one.

does it count if it's an Iowan ungulates venado?

Taken in 1996

Typcial eight pointer

Inside spread: 23 4/8"

Grosses: 188 2/8"

Right side G2: 14 7/8"

Left side G2: 15 0/8"

Nets: 182 3/8"

NO. This deer is not 190". It is 182 3/8". And it is an ABSOLUTE GIANT 8 point with world class tine length, main beams, etc.

This post exemplifies why I (and no one else) is willing to believe a 190" 8 point is in a co-worker's house on the wall without pictures and a certified score sheet. Its a mega 8 point and it is still 7 5/8" short of scoring 190".

This scored 101 1/8, take away the drops tines he would be 90 inches. Could not find the other side but I have seen this deer for 3 years now he is bigger this year. Longer drops with an extra that was not on him last year. The other side looks to match when I saw him last year just did not have any trash so you add up the 90 for both sides and still have spread to add in. This buck is still walking and would be 190 8 point main frame last year.

IMG_20110214_182325.jpg

This scored 101 1/8, take away the drops tines he would be 90 inches. Could not find the other side but I have seen this deer for 3 years now he is bigger this year. Longer drops with an extra that was not on him last year. The other side looks to match when I saw him last year just did not have any trash so you add up the 90 for both sides and still have spread to add in. This buck is still walking and would be 190 8 point main frame last year.

IMG_20110214_182325.jpg

That is a giant shed. Hopefully you can put him on the ground.

As to the elusive 190" 8 pt, I don't think people are saying it can't (or won't) happen. It is that without a picture, its hard to believe. For example, the last edition of Whitetail Magazine had a story on three 8 pointers that were shot in Illinois in the last few years that scored 170". It was discussed that prior to those three deer, there had been only a couple that were ever scored of that size in Illinois. And that is 20" less than a 190" deer.

It boils down to the fact that there has not been an 8 point of that size recorded in history; that doesn't mean it can't happen, or won't happen; it just means that someone is going to have to do more than tell me they have one hanging on the wall that is 190" in order for me to believe it.